The LeCirque experience - ??????

oaktreerb

We loved the Le Cirque dinner! I have pictures of food if you would like to see them? I can get them uploaded tonight for you.

Crew News posted the menu which was very helpful. I think I'll wait until I'm onboard and take a look at the current menu before I make a decision. Thanks for offering to upload the photos. I'm sure we would all enjoy seeing them if it's not too much trouble.

The Le Cirque meal offerings are a step up and very limited compared to the PG dinner menu. Meal time should be at the same pace. The Chateaubriand, escargot, and the strawberry pavlova are highly recommended by many.

Indeed Mariner discounts are applied based on who is paying. It is a good time to "treat" some HAL first-timers.

Wine is not included in the basic meal price.

The menus for the PG and Le Cirque are different.

Here is the Le Cirque menu with wine list at the bottom:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/LeCirque.pdf

Here is the PG menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/PG-Dinner.pdf

Here is the PG Beverage List:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Pinnacle-Grill-Beverage-List.pdf

Thanks for posting this information. It was very helpful to see the offerings one can expect with these dining experiences.

We have tried it twice, once for a birthday. Really nothing special at all until it came to the birthday cake. Our server insisted we take it with us and boxed it nicely. Well, next morning I pulled it out of the fridge while the DH went to the Neptune Lounge for coffees. Best thing ever out of their kitchen for a dark chocolate lover who appreciates rich not sweet. We will not be booking the Le Cirque nights on our Panama cruise.

We have been presented with a chocolate cake in the dining room for birthday and anniversary celebrations but they bring it AFTER we have had dessert. I always try to eat some of it and it is such a shame to leave the remainder to be discarded because it frequently is better than the dessert I just ate!

I like the idea of taking it back to the room (when we have a fridge) and enjoying it later. That's what we would do at home!

We will be on the Westerdam so happy to hear the good reports on Le Cirque. With the new America's Test Kitchen partnership beginning on the Westerdam I wonder if it will have an impact on the menus in the dining venues.

I think I'll wait until we are onboard. I hadn't even thought about checking out the menu before making reservations. I was under the impression that Le Cirque was an 'event". Now I have a better understanding of what Le Cirque offers.

The menu is usually the same on all the ships - but it will be posted in the Pinnacle Grill.

Le Cirque is an "event" by nature of the different plates, and some of the meal presentations, but other than that it is specialty dining.

We have enjoyed all the specialty dining on the Westerdam-Master Chef Table, Cellar Master dinner, Le Cirque and the Pinnacle Grill. They were all done well on both of our sailings. Captain Van Eerten was the master on both.

We have enjoyed "An Evening at Le Cirque" at least once a year since it was introduced in (I believe) 2009 or 2010, and the worst LC meal we had was fabulous. We have been especially pleased with the Chateaubriand (served for one but sized for two) and the (no longer offered) Butternut Squash with Huckleberries soup. IMO LC is HAL's best value, but I also understand that, because individual food tastes vary widely, others may not be quite so impressed/pleased. So if you have a reasonably refined palate and enjoy good food, I suggest you try LC and decide for yourself if it merits a repeat performance on subsequent cruises.

Smooth sailing ...

Edited by avian777