Cococay Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle Lunch?

Garavar

I have to agree. At the very least on our Aug 22-26 cruise the water slide and Aqua Adventure Park was not located where that map has it. I want to say that the private cabanas are in that place based on where the Nature Walk tour we took ended. One of the ladies had a cabana and it was that distance/path that we headed back to #18 and #19 which is where we hung out. That area is near the Kayak excursion place and a tiki bar is off to the left of it (back to the water). Not too further left is/was the floating tiki bar. I agree it is missing on the map and I would put the floating bar btwn 17 and 20. Everything else seems exact (food area, tenders, loungers). Oh and self-snorkeling was done in the water sports area too.

My thoughts on the rental are only if you want to be away from everyone else. We considered it but I am happy we didn't. We did not feel bothered by anyone at #18-19 and we were under palm trees (the sun shifts of course) and were well shaded. In addition we were close to the tiki bar (on shore) and chilled out with the bartender and other folks which was way more fun than laying on the lounger. I expect there will be a bar in the cabana area but there were no children where we were which allowed for mature fun (drinking/drunk, laughing, loud, uncensored jokes, etc.). This is not to say that is the atmosphere at that bar every cruise porting.

I'd like to believe the cabana's bar should is more family friendly since children are there. Most children are in the water, near the Aqua park or at the front #1 and #12. Parent's may have too much to tote to walk as far down as we did, cabana people have a tram to take them to/from. Most people may not realize that there is more to the cay.

Thank you..... I thought I was seeing things.... maybe too many Bahama Mama drinks....

It is NEW, very RECENT, you still see signs of recent constructions, dirt (sand) moving, construction, tree removal, tree planting, soft sand freshly laid. It all even smelled like new wood. We were told it was very new and recent. I know family that goes almost every weekend and they posted pictures on the new cabanas on Facebook a short time ago. I will ask them later.

I have not seen a current MAP, or web link to the new areas. You think it is possible Royal hasn't updated their web site or maps yet? Of course not (snicker).

We were there... but honestly, we would not have seen them in all likelihood had the Concierge not asked us about them. She told us they were nice and just recently put in place. She even told us her favorite location number. It is hidden off the main road, you can't see them from the normal tram and walking road. But I guess no body believes me.....

Edited by troykahack

Thank you..... I thought I was seeing things.... maybe too many Bahama Mama drinks....

It is NEW, very RECENT, you still see signs of recent constructions, dirt (sand) moving, construction, tree removal, tree planting, soft sand freshly laid. It all even smelled like new wood. We were told it was very new and recent. I know family that goes almost every weekend and they posted pictures on the new cabanas on Facebook a short time ago. I will ask them later.

I have not seen a current MAP, or web link to the new areas. You think it is possible Royal hasn't updated their web site or maps yet? Of course not (snicker).

We were there... but honestly, we would not have seen them in all likelihood had the Concierge not asked us about them. She told us they were nice and just recently put in place. She even told us her favorite location number. It is hidden off the main road, you can't see them from the normal tram and walking road. But I guess no body believes me.....

I believe you because I saw the area too. :) I actually have to laugh at the mention of construction because I took video of the crazy birds and in it is an orange bulldozer and someone asked me 'Were they doing construction?'. So, you're absolutely right on the new and recent renovations. I'm sure more has changed since I was there. I suppose a map will surface from RCI once everything is completed.

Your first link is for the Blue Claimshell things.... they are called Beach Lounger?

The second two links do not work for me. They take me to My Cruises Login.

Why are the prices not consistent? Here are the prices sent to me for Cabana Club.... are these on your list?

For your guidance I have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas # 8, 9,10,11,12 &13 -- $225

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

Cabanas # 3,4,5,6 & 7 --- $275

Sorry about the bad links, I should have checked them first. Your prices seem about right for the Suite Cabanas. 3-7 are the ones on the sea wall. 1 and 2 are in the front closest to the beach, but you will feel like you are in a fishbowl as other passengers walk by. 8 - 13 are just really far from everything.

I believe you because I saw the area too. :) I actually have to laugh at the mention of construction because I took video of the crazy birds and in it is an orange bulldozer and someone asked me 'Were they doing construction?'. So, you're absolutely right on the new and recent renovations. I'm sure more has changed since I was there. I suppose a map will surface from RCI once everything is completed.

Thank you thank you..... I really thought I was going crazy and the CC Police were coming down on me.... I guess Royal needs to run all changes and new things through the CC Police in the future...

Did you happen to also see the Blue Claimshell things?

I know I'm sane, I know I'm sane........

Sorry about the bad links, I should have checked them first. Your prices seem about right for the Suite Cabanas. 3-7 are the ones on the sea wall. 1 and 2 are in the front closest to the beach, but you will feel like you are in a fishbowl as other passengers walk by. 8 - 13 are just really far from everything.

Trust me John.... these were all on a beach an NO SEAWALL . When was your last trip to Coco Cay?

Thank you thank you..... I really thought I was going crazy and the CC Police were coming down on me.... I guess Royal needs to run all changes and new things through the CC Police in the future...

Did you happen to also see the Blue Claimshell things?

I know I'm sane, I know I'm sane........

Lol, yes you are sane. No, we didn't really go in there as we knew we didn't pay for it. When our Nature Walk tour was over, the lady and her daughter who had a cabana were steps away and they walked over. The most I can remember is the taller canopies, nothing intimate in size, maybe it was further into the area. We stood off to the side for a bit because our tour guide Crystal said she would check to see if the tram was leaving so we could have a ride back up. After 5-10mins we realized she was not coming back out of the cabanas haha. So we walked and while it was very hot the walk wasn't as bad as waiting.

Trust me John.... these were all on a beach an NO SEAWALL . When was your last trip to Coco Cay?

Troy, you're killing me. The new Bungalows and Beach Beds are on a beach, south Beach seems to be the name. The CABANAS that you got pricing on are at the Island Oasis Club and that is on a sea wall facing the ship. The beach access is about 100 yards away from Cabanas 1 & 2.

We were there in April, but there is no way they could have eliminated that sea wall since then. None at all. See map below. CABANAS, are designated by #1 at top. This is to the left of where the tenders dropped you off. The brown circles along the ocean are boulders, no beach nearby.

enhance

Cabana #3, I think

14019837698_c350814f8d_b.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Troy, you're killing me. The new Bungalows and Beach Beds are on a beach, south Beach seems to be the name. The CABANAS that you got pricing on are at the Island Oasis Club and that is on a sea wall facing the ship. The beach access is about 100 yards away from Cabanas 1 & 2.

We were there in April, but there is no way they could have eliminated that sea wall since then. None at all. See map below. CABANAS, are designated by #1 at top. This is to the left of where the tenders dropped you off. The brown circles along the ocean are boulders, no beach nearby.

enhance

Cabana #3, I think

14019837698_c350814f8d_b.jpg

John.... not the new ones and your picture is not of the new ones. Your pictures are indeed on the Sea Wall. I have already had at least 4 other cruisers who have seen them. Unless you walk there, through the woods, they are hard to see.

I am a bit disappointed that the lunch there included suite guests but not even the crew knew it was there. So if the crew doesn't know where they are, how can we expect CC Police to know.

There is a designated Suite area, it is on the Sea Wall, not the NEW Cabanas.. someone perfectly described them in another post.

Trying to get the exact dates but the Floating Bar looks like last week in July and the Cabanas well after that... looking to be complete around 3 weeks ago... not sure yet... I just don't understand why Royal didn't run these changes through the CC Police....

John.... not the new ones and your picture is not of the new ones. Your pictures are indeed on the Sea Wall. I have already had at least 4 other cruisers who have seen them. Unless you walk there, through the woods, they are hard to see.

I am a bit disappointed that the lunch there included suite guests but not even the crew knew it was there. So if the crew doesn't know where they are, how can we expect CC Police to know.

There is a designated Suite area, it is on the Sea Wall, not the NEW Cabanas.. someone perfectly described them in another post.

Trying to get the exact dates but the Floating Bar looks like last week in July and the Cabanas well after that... looking to be complete around 3 weeks ago... not sure yet... I just don't understand why Royal didn't run these changes through the CC Police....

What are the CC Police? You are becoming rude again, someone needs to tell you that. i'm trying to help, but you are severely trying my patience. Bell is ready to step in at any moment. ;)

The Cabanas are the Cabanas, the Beach Bungalows are the Beach Bungalows and the Beach Beds are the Beach Beds. They are all different. Go to the shore excursion tab for your next cruise and see for yourself.

The Suite Lunch is offered at the Island Oasis Cabana Club on the sea wall.

This may vary by ship.

There has been some confusion as to weather the Beach Bungalow patrons are allowed to eat at the Island Oasis Cabana Club. Nothing substantiated that I know of at this time.

If Forum members that try and provide factual information are the CC Police, then I guess I'm guilty. Just trying to help. FWIW, I find the term derogatory and demeaning. But that's just me.

What are the CC Police? You are becoming rude again, someone needs to tell you that. i'm trying to help, but you are severely trying my patience. Bell is ready to step in at any moment. ;)

The Cabanas are the Cabanas, the Beach Bungalows are the Beach Bungalows and the Beach Beds are the Beach Beds. They are all different. Go to the shore excursion tab for your next cruise and see for yourself.

The Suite Lunch is offered at the Island Oasis Cabana Club on the sea wall.

This may vary by ship.

There has been some confusion as to weather the Beach Bungalow patrons are allowed to eat at the Island Oasis Cabana Club. Nothing substantiated that I know of at this time.

If Forum members that try and provide factual information are the CC Police, then I guess I'm guilty. Just trying to help. FWIW, I find the term derogatory and demeaning. But that's just me.

I am sorry if you interpret my post to be rude. It is not meant that way. Maybe my humor, or I think it is humor, comes off the wrong way.

I have the letter from the Concierge... I reread it again and again... I may have interpreted the beaches or areas wrong.....

First part.....

Please note that as a Suite guest you have the first right to rent one of the lovely Cabanas on CocoCay. Note that there are only 14 cabanas and they sell out very fast, so to avoid disappointment please let me know ASAP whether you would be interested.[/color]

I believe these to be the NEW Cabanas beyond the old South Beach. They are not visible unless you take the walking tour. Even from the tram stop, they can not be seen (well if you look hard). These are called Cabanas? Agree?

The second part of the letter may apply to the normal suite area.... I interpreted it as the same Cabana beach because of the pricing. So is it the new area or the regular old area? Here it is... Which is it. It could be read both ways....

See the Cabana prices and details below.

The following services are available complimentary to all guests at the island oasis Cabana Club.

· Sumptuous Lunch Buffet (for all Suite guest, with or without cabana)

· 4 Bottles of water per Cabana

· 2 complimentary floating beach mats per Cabana

· 2 complimentary Snorkel set rentals per Cabana

· Fruit Plate

· Towel Exchange upon request

· Personalized service (Bar Servers designated to the area)

· Private and relaxing area to enjoy CocoCay

There are a total of 14 Deluxe Cabanas available. Each Cabana can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests. Each Cabana has 2 loungers and 1 Sofa. (Please see photos)

For your guidance I have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

So, what are the new Cabanas called?

We wanted to try the floating bar.... We had a great time but the sunburn is really itching today.

The Cabanas listed in the email are open to everyone after being offered to the Suite Guest prior to the cruise. Its my understanding that they can only be booked by others after boarding??? Maybe not the case. Maybe the letter would have made more sense had the prices been moved up to the introduction of the new Cabanas???

Edited by troykahack

I am sorry if you interpret my post to be rude. It is not meant that way. Maybe my humor, or I think it is humor, comes off the wrong way.

I have the letter from the Concierge... I reread it again and again... I may have interpreted the beaches or areas wrong.....

First part.....

Please note that as a Suite guest you have the first right to rent one of the lovely Cabanas on CocoCay. Note that there are only 14 cabanas and they sell out very fast, so to avoid disappointment please let me know ASAP whether you would be interested.[/color]

I believe these to be the NEW Cabanas beyond the old South Beach. They are not visible unless you take the walking tour. Even from the tram stop, they can not be seen (well if you look hard). These are called Cabanas? Agree?

The second part of the letter may apply to the normal suite area.... I interpreted it as the same Cabana beach because of the pricing. So is it the new area or the regular old area? Here it is... Which is it. It could be read both ways....

The following services are available complimentary to all guests at the island oasis Cabana Club.

· Fruit Plate

There are a total of 14 Deluxe Cabanas available. Each Cabana can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests. Each Cabana has 2 loungers and 1 Sofa. (Please see photos)

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

So, what are the new Cabanas called?

We wanted to try the floating bar.... We had a great time but the sunburn is really itching today.

The Cabanas listed in the email are open to everyone after being offered to the Suite Guest prior to the cruise. Its my understanding that they can only be booked by others after boarding??? Maybe not the case. Maybe the letter would have made more sense had the prices been moved up to the introduction of the new Cabanas???

The new structures are the beach beds and bungalows.

Cabanas are strictly in the rocky area that looks towards the ship, near the tender drop off. That is also the area the concierge is talking about in the letter.

Bungalow

a78376d553af79f45cf9621e96cc4bff.jpg

5469577f2678465ed91bf6465fb5c345.jpg

Beachbed

7da74dcfd124d4c9556e93f3da78daf1.jpg

Two Person Loungers

9fc6b797933b86c456a3097b15e878c6.jpg

Cabanas are strictly in the rocky area that looks towards the ship, near the tender drop off. That is also the area the concierge is talking about in the letter.

Bungalow

Beachbed

Two Person Loungers

That is them.... THANK YOU....

Still debating the name.... the Concierge form letter to Suite Guests calls them Cabanas..... LOL

Oh, thank you for posting the Blue Claimshells..... Awesome... We did see them....

Edited by troykahack

That is them.... THANK YOU....

Still debating the name.... the Concierge form letter to Suite Guests calls them Cabanas..... LOL

Oh, thank you for posting the Blue Claimshells..... Awesome... We did see them....

That is correct, what was being sold by the concierge in the letter are old cabanas. Not the new bungalows or beds.

Reason for the different prices has to do with the view and access. The bungalows are all the same price.

That is correct, what was being sold by the concierge in the letter are old cabanas. Not the new bungalows or beds.

Reason for the different prices has to do with the view and access. The bungalows are all the same price.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying our Concierge talked to us about the new Cabanas.... we saw them, just as you posted, but we choose instead to enjoy the floating bar.

These new Cabanas/Bungalows as pictured above were not there in May/June. The date for the floating bar install was the last week in July. I haven't nailed down the new construction of the Cabana/Bungalows but I believe it to be in the last 3-4 weeks.

I just think this is something NEW and the word as yet to get out..... and these, whatever is the proper name are not on a Sea Wall, but on the beach.

Edited by troykahack

First part.....

Please note that as a Suite guest you have the first right to rent one of the lovely Cabanas on CocoCay. Note that there are only 14 cabanas and they sell out very fast, so to avoid disappointment please let me know ASAP whether you would be interested.[/color] 14 is the number of Cabanas at the Island Oasis Cabana Club.

I believe these to be the NEW Cabanas beyond the old South Beach. Why do you think they are new? There are no NEW Cabanas, there are NEW Beach Beds and Beach Bungalows. They are not visible unless you take the walking tour. Even from the tram stop, they can not be seen (well if you look hard). These are called Cabanas? Agree? No, they are called Beach Bungalows.

· Fruit Plate

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

So, what are the new Cabanas called? Beach Bungalows are similar to the Cabanas, but open for everyone and a different menu apparently

See responses in Red.

There are no NEW Cabanas, but there may be after Mathew comes through. ;)

BTW, I don't see where the concierge ever referred to them as new.

Bungalow

Beachbed

Two Person Loungers

Thanks for the pics. the only ones I could find had Royal Caribbean Blog and they won't link. I still don't think he'll understand. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying our Concierge talked to us about the new Cabanas.... we saw them, just as you posted, but we choose instead to enjoy the floating bar.

These new Cabanas/Bungalows as pictured above were not there in May/June. The date for the floating bar install was the last week in July. I haven't nailed down the new construction of the Cabana/Bungalows but I believe it to be in the last 3-4 weeks.

I just think this is something NEW and the word as yet to get out..... and these, whatever is the proper name are not on a Sea Wall, but on the beach.

Beach Bungalows and Beach Beds are available on the shore excursion section of the website. Cabanas have to be rented through the Concierge

My,my........what's with all the bickering?:eek:

This is all just a case of some calling the bungalows,cabanas..

It was all confusing at first,but now,even I get it..

I'm on a mission to tame him :D:D:D

He's out of control :eek:

Or maybe it's me. :rolleyes:

Ok, maybe bungalow is the proper term for the older blue claim shells on the beach. They now have a beach with like 24(my picture shows only 14) of the Cabana Beds similar to Labadee. It is a good walk to the area and they attempted to make it private as it is beyond a bunch of palms and island pines of different types that are near the location you enter. It is very possible to miss this area unless you knew it was there as it is well hidden. I didn't see it until I was out at the floating bar.

The blue clam shells, are now called "Beach Loungers" according to the shore excursion page..

My,my........what's with all the bickering?:eek:

This is all just a case of some calling the bungalows,cabanas..

It was all confusing at first,but now,even I get it..

It's all a mute point until Matthew is done rearranging the landscape...:(