Cococay Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle Lunch?

Garavar

The blue cabanas are still there. They have a new area with the new cabanas which are like a bed and white linens. They are south of the old blue cabanas. In between the old cabanas and the new ones, is the beach with the floating bar. I think they call the newer area South Beach???

Google is your friend. ;)

FWIW, I wonder how much Mathew is going to affect Coco Cay. :eek:

Google is your friend. ;)

FWIW, I wonder how much Mathew is going to affect Coco Cay. :eek:

The NEW beach area is called the Island Oasis Cabana Club.

The letter I received said this area was available by reservation and it included

Sumptuous Lunch Buffet (for all Suite guest, with or without cabana)

I sent a email to Nadia to see if she had an updated map.

It is still odd to me that the crew didn't know that Suite Guest could use this new area for lunch.

I have a new picture embedded in the email but for the life of me, I can figure out its format to download and post here.

The NEW beach area is called the Island Oasis Cabana Club.

The letter I received said this area was available by reservation and it included

Sumptuous Lunch Buffet (for all Suite guest, with or without cabana)

I sent a email to Nadia to see if she had an updated map.

It is still odd to me that the crew didn't know that Suite Guest could use this new area for lunch.

I have a new picture embedded in the email but for the life of me, I can figure out its format to download and post here.

Island Oasis Cabana Club is the original cabana location on the sea wall facing the ship. That is where the lunch is served, but it is nowhere near the new installations on the south side of the island. Who told you that was the name of the new beach area, Nadia?

1E545A9C-C015-47D6-89B8-E17D41ECDD5A_zps8wwr9srn.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
added image

Island Oasis Cabana Club is the original cabana location on the sea wall facing the ship. That is where the lunch is served, but it is nowhere near the new installations on the south side of the island. Who told you that was the name of the new beach area, Nadia?

Here is a copy of the email we received on the Wednesday before our cruise last week on Monday, 9/26.

I wish I knew how to download the pictures included in the email as it shows pictures of the new beach. You CAN NOT SEE the ship from this location. The new beach is past the old blue cabanas and the new floating bar.

Email msg edited below. I guess one just go to see the new beach. We saw no new maps with the location on the map.

Please note that as a Suite guest you have the first right to rent one of the lovely Cabanas on CocoCay. Note that there are only 14 cabanas and they sell out very fast, so to avoid disappointment please let me know ASAP whether you would be interested.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE CABANAS HOLDS A MAXIMUM OF ONLY SIX (6) GUESTS.

See the Cabana prices and details below.

The following services are available complimentary to all guests at the island oasis Cabana Club.

· Sumptuous Lunch Buffet (for all Suite guest, with or without cabana)

· 4 Bottles of water per Cabana

· 2 complimentary floating beach mats per Cabana

· 2 complimentary Snorkel set rentals per Cabana

· Fruit Plate

· Towel Exchange upon request

· Personalized service (Bar Servers designated to the area)

· Private and relaxing area to enjoy CocoCay

Layout & Rental

There are a total of 14 Deluxe Cabanas available. Each Cabana can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests. Each Cabana has 2 loungers and 1 Sofa. (Please see photos)

For your guidance I have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas # 8, 9,10,11,12 &13 -- $225

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

Cabanas # 3,4,5,6 & 7 --- $275

Please Note *** In the Event that a Cabana has been confirm to you, this email will be use as a confirmation that you have agreed to be charge on your onboard account & in the unlikely event of not attending or failing to cancel within the 24 HR period, due to the high demand, REFUND would not be apply.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have to the following email address: en_concierge@rccl.com.

Have a safe and pleasant journey.

Edited by troykahack

I'm thinking there is a difference between cabanas and bungalows and that is confusing me.

I am renting a bungalow for $195..........that should be the new area,right?? The ones on the beach and close to the water.........no buffet,but a menu??

I'm thinking there is a difference between cabanas and bungalows and that is confusing me.

I am renting a bungalow for $195..........that should be the new area,right?? The ones on the beach and close to the water.........no buffet,but a menu??

Ok, maybe bungalow is the proper term for the older blue claim shells on the beach. They now have a beach with like 24(my picture shows only 14) of the Cabana Beds similar to Labadee. It is a good walk to the area and they attempted to make it private as it is beyond a bunch of palms and island pines of different types that are near the location you enter. It is very possible to miss this area unless you knew it was there as it is well hidden. I didn't see it until I was out at the floating bar.

Edited by troykahack

Here's an updated map of Coco Cay showing the Beach Bungalows #29 where they are located.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/images/ports/pages/cococay-2015-map.pdf

Beach Bungalows

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZCV3&DestinationCode=

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Ok, maybe bungalow is the proper term for the older blue claim shells on the beach. They now have a beach with like 24(my picture shows only 14) of the Cabana Beds similar to Labadee. It is a good walk to the area and they attempted to make it private as it is beyond a bunch of palms and island pines of different types that are near the location you enter. It is very possible to miss this area unless you knew it was there as it is well hidden. I didn't see it until I was out at the floating bar.

No way,the bungalow is the old clam shells.

This map is from 2015 and I believe the Cabanas were just recently installed (maybe 2-3 months). The link to the Royal site with pictures is accurate.

The new beach is south of the tram route. It only drops you off on the outside area near the floating bar. It has trees that prevent most from getting a good look. It would be easily missed.

Here is a copy of the email we received on the Wednesday before our cruise last week on Monday, 9/26.

I wish I knew how to download the pictures included in the email as it shows pictures of the new beach. You CAN NOT SEE the ship from this location. The new beach is past the old blue cabanas and the new floating bar.

Email msg edited below. I guess one just go to see the new beach. We saw no new maps with the location on the map.

Please note that as a Suite guest you have the first right to rent one of the lovely Cabanas on CocoCay. Note that there are only 14 cabanas and they sell out very fast, so to avoid disappointment please let me know ASAP whether you would be interested.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE CABANAS HOLDS A MAXIMUM OF ONLY SIX (6) GUESTS.

See the Cabana prices and details below.

The following services are available complimentary to all guests at the island oasis Cabana Club.

· Sumptuous Lunch Buffet (for all Suite guest, with or without cabana)

· 4 Bottles of water per Cabana

· 2 complimentary floating beach mats per Cabana

· 2 complimentary Snorkel set rentals per Cabana

· Fruit Plate

· Towel Exchange upon request

· Personalized service (Bar Servers designated to the area)

· Private and relaxing area to enjoy CocoCay

Layout & Rental

There are a total of 14 Deluxe Cabanas available. Each Cabana can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests. Each Cabana has 2 loungers and 1 Sofa. (Please see photos)

For your guidance I have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

Please Note *** In the Event that a Cabana has been confirm to you, this email will be use as a confirmation that you have agreed to be charge on your onboard account & in the unlikely event of not attending or failing to cancel within the 24 HR period, due to the high demand, REFUND would not be apply.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have to the following email address: en_concierge@rccl.com.

Have a safe and pleasant journey.

Troy, this is for the existing cabanas that have been there for several years. We rented one in 2013, number 4 I believe. Right under the water tower.

BTW, does the floating bar have a blender for frozen drinks?

Edited by John&LaLa

Kathy, when are you going. I'm confused on that menu thing as well. One person said it was just the items on the std buffet, but they would get it for you.

Troy, this is for the existing cabanas that have been there for several years. We rented one in 2013, number 4 I believe. Right under the water tower.

No blender.... they did have a frozen blend in a ice chest that you could have virgin or with whatever flavor you wanted. Our bartender was awesome and liberal with the good stuff.

I remember seeing the water tower, just don't remember where.

I have family that cruises nearly every weekend on MJ, I will ask them when the new cabanas were installed. We went in May/June and didn't see the floating bar or the Cabana Beds, but like I said, they are difficult to see from land. It wasn't until I was at the floating bar did we see them. They are hidden by a dense island pine trees. The tram stops short of the Cabanas.

Actually, the picture we received in the email is the cabanas that face the ship. They are similar to those old ones but are a bit different now. They have like beds in them, surrounded by white linens.

I have seen the pictures on some facebook sites. Will try to find one.

This map is from 2015 and I believe the Cabanas were just recently installed (maybe 2-3 months). The link to the Royal site with pictures is accurate.

The new beach is south of the tram route. It only drops you off on the outside area near the floating bar. It has trees that prevent most from getting a good look. It would be easily missed.

The Beach Bungalows are listed as is the floating bar, both were added this summer. I'm fairly certain this is the most up to date map.

Cabanas are in the area where we all remember them..by the tender area......

Bungalows are in the new area........I think they added them end of Aug??

Im not going till next month,John..

Wondering too,how do you rent a cabana now?? OR is it strictly for Suites,then Pinnacles and whoever can rent what is left(like they do on Labadee?)

Edited by PH8

I was there last week on the Majesty, and we did have the cocktail hour at 11:30 (we met at 11AM on the ship), where they served beer/wine, soda, etc. I personally did not ask about the upgraded lunch, so I do not know if it was available to Suites. I do know that it was available for Pinnacle, but do not know about the availability for Suites.

I should have checked....

NEW Enhanced South Beach with new amenities such as: complimentary shuttle transfer, lounge chairs, floating bar, beach beds, bungalows, and loungers.

Beach Lounger - $45

Total relaxation is on the horizon when you spend a spectacular day in CocoCay surrounded by the luxury of your own exclusive Beach Lounger. Situated on the quiet, secluded side of our private island destination, these beachside loungers serve as the perfect seaside oasis for two. Soak up the sun, nap under your shade, swim in CocoCay’s clear blue waters, or unwind at your leisure. It’s paradise with a hint of luxury, set amidst the island environs of CocoCay.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZCU5&DestinationCode=BAHAM

Beach Bed - $125

While in CocoCay, be sure to reserve your very own Beach Bed. Nestled among palm trees on the shore of South Beach, you can relax in comfort, feeling soothing ocean breezes, soaking up the sun and watching waves gently roll in. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, stocked water cooler and beach towels — even the personalized service of a cabana attendant. ZCV5

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1002/product/100000003114818050

Beach Bungalow - $195

Make family time in CocoCay even more comfortable and enjoyable when you reserve your very own Beach Bungalow. Nestled among palm trees on the shore of South Beach, your private bungalow is a haven of tranquility. With comfortable seating for up to six, it’s the perfect place to feel peaceful ocean breezes, soak up some sun if you like or simply watch waves gently tumble ashore. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, water, and beach towels.ZCV3

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1002/product/100000003092977260

Exclusive Cabanas for Suite guests.

Can't find a link to them, we are just D+ in a JS on our next trip. :o

Edited by John&LaLa

Are cabanas for Suite guests only? We are on the Enchantment in Nov and was hoping to get one when we got on board. We are in a JS and I know that is not considered a real suite.

Stop by shore excursion desk and ask to be put on a list I guess. If you are D+ you could ask the Concierge and maybe skip a step. We have done that at Labadee a couple of times.

Or make friends with someone in a suite and split the cost. :D

Cabanas are in the area where we all remember them..by the tender area......

Bungalows are in the new area........I think they added them end of Aug??

Im not going till next month,John..

Wondering too,how do you rent a cabana now?? OR is it strictly for Suites,then Pinnacles and whoever can rent what is left(like they do on Labadee?)

Ok, so something is new..... Am I confused by the name? We didn't go to the area near the tenders, we by passed them. But when I asked the Concierge , she said the suite area was just to the left side near the snorkel vender as you exit the tender.

Our Concierge called the new ones on South Beach for $250 and up, Cabanas? What are the blue claim shell things? Some call them bungalows.

I am fairly sure, not not entirely, that the new bed like cabanas are very recent installations. That is the way it was presented to us from the Concierge

Stop by shore excursion desk and ask to be put on a list I guess. If you are D+ you could ask the Concierge and maybe skip a step. We have done that at Labadee a couple of times.

Or make friends with someone in a suite and split the cost. :D

My understanding is that the new Cabanas are first offered to Suite guest the week prior. The Concierge may also book one for the Suite Guest at boarding.

Otherwise, once aboard, I think anyone can book them. We didn't book one and didn't see Mario leave the ship.

Ok, so something is new..... Am I confused by the name? We didn't go to the area near the tenders, we by passed them. But when I asked the Concierge , she said the suite area was just to the left side near the snorkel vender as you exit the tender.

Our Concierge called the new ones on South Beach for $250 and up, Cabanas? What are the blue claim shell things? Some call them bungalows.

I am fairly sure, not not entirely, that the new bed like cabanas are very recent installations. That is the way it was presented to us from the Concierge

Follow the links in post 42. I couldn't find a link to the Cabanas though

NEW Enhanced South Beach with new amenities such as: complimentary shuttle transfer, lounge chairs, floating bar, beach beds, bungalows, and loungers.

Beach Lounger - $45

Total relaxation is on the horizon when you spend a spectacular day in CocoCay surrounded by the luxury of your own exclusive Beach Lounger. Situated on the quiet, secluded side of our private island destination, these beachside loungers serve as the perfect seaside oasis for two. Soak up the sun, nap under your shade, swim in CocoCay’s clear blue waters, or unwind at your leisure. It’s paradise with a hint of luxury, set amidst the island environs of CocoCay.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZCU5&DestinationCode=BAHAM

Beach Bed - $125

While in CocoCay, be sure to reserve your very own Beach Bed. Nestled among palm trees on the shore of South Beach, you can relax in comfort, feeling soothing ocean breezes, soaking up the sun and watching waves gently roll in. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, stocked water cooler and beach towels — even the personalized service of a cabana attendant. ZCV5

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1002/product/100000003114818050

Beach Bungalow - $195

Make family time in CocoCay even more comfortable and enjoyable when you reserve your very own Beach Bungalow. Nestled among palm trees on the shore of South Beach, your private bungalow is a haven of tranquility. With comfortable seating for up to six, it’s the perfect place to feel peaceful ocean breezes, soak up some sun if you like or simply watch waves gently tumble ashore. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, water, and beach towels.ZCV3

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1002/product/100000003092977260

Exclusive Cabanas for Suite guests.

Can't find a link to them, we are just D+ in a JS on our next trip. :o

Your first link is for the Blue Claimshell things.... they are called Beach Lounger?

The second two links do not work for me. They take me to My Cruises Login.

Why are the prices not consistent? Here are the prices sent to me for Cabana Club.... are these on your list?

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

I could be wrong, but I think this picture is dated??? ...

I also don't think your map has the floating bar location?

Please correct me if I am wrong as we are going back very soon.

I have to agree. At the very least on our Aug 22-26 cruise the water slide and Aqua Adventure Park was not located where that map has it. I want to say that the private cabanas are in that place based on where the Nature Walk tour we took ended. One of the ladies had a cabana and it was that distance/path that we headed back to #18 and #19 which is where we hung out. That area is near the Kayak excursion place and a tiki bar is off to the left of it (back to the water). Not too further left is/was the floating tiki bar. I agree it is missing on the map and I would put the floating bar btwn 17 and 20. Everything else seems exact (food area, tenders, loungers). Oh and self-snorkeling was done in the water sports area too.

My thoughts on the rental are only if you want to be away from everyone else. We considered it but I am happy we didn't. We did not feel bothered by anyone at #18-19 and we were under palm trees (the sun shifts of course) and were well shaded. In addition we were close to the tiki bar (on shore) and chilled out with the bartender and other folks which was way more fun than laying on the lounger. I expect there will be a bar in the cabana area but there were no children where we were which allowed for mature fun (drinking/drunk, laughing, loud, uncensored jokes, etc.). This is not to say that is the atmosphere at that bar every cruise porting.

I'd like to believe the cabana's bar should be more family friendly since children are there. Most children are in the water, near the Aqua park or at the front #1 and #12. Parent's may have too much to tote to walk as far down as we did. Most people may not realize that there is more to the cay and don't venture around. The cabana people have a tram to take them to/from so kids or not they shouldn't have to tote on foot.

Edited by NiknVA