Using a Power Strip on a Princess Ship

MsSoCalCruiser

So most of the suggestions that I see on here only have the capability of a couple of plugs plus a couple of USBs. We are going to be traveling with a special needs young adult, and with his equipment (plus my own cpap) we will require the use of a minimum of 8 plugs (2 of which are larger due to having to charge his feeding pumps.. ugly monstrosity wall charger things!) plus 4 -5 USB's. How many wall plugs are there in a room to plug into, and any suggestions for those of us with larger than "typical" requirements? We ARE in an accessible stateroom, so maybe that will help a little... I hope! We just want to be sure we bring what we need so that overnight we can recharge everything so we can get out and play during the day and not be stuck indoors due to the lack of charging capability!

2 outlets on the desk. I used an extra long extension cord provided by the steward and added a multi outlet to the end to stretch close to the bed. The clock with the two outlets is plugged into the second outlet on the desk. On the crown and Ruby there is an outlet behind the tv

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

So most of the suggestions that I see on here only have the capability of a couple of plugs plus a couple of USBs. We are going to be traveling with a special needs young adult, and with his equipment (plus my own cpap) we will require the use of a minimum of 8 plugs (2 of which are larger due to having to charge his feeding pumps.. ugly monstrosity wall charger things!) plus 4 -5 USB's. How many wall plugs are there in a room to plug into, and any suggestions for those of us with larger than "typical" requirements? We ARE in an accessible stateroom, so maybe that will help a little... I hope! We just want to be sure we bring what we need so that overnight we can recharge everything so we can get out and play during the day and not be stuck indoors due to the lack of charging capability!

You may need to contact Princess regarding these special needs. That sounds like it might draw a lot of current. And although I have stayed in a special needs cabin - a last minute upgrade from Princess and a great cabin, I don't recall the number of outlets in that cabin. And princess can provide some heavy duty extension cords if need be, but they are on a first come, first served basis. I wish I knew better how to advise you.

You may need to contact Princess regarding these special needs. That sounds like it might draw a lot of current. And although I have stayed in a special needs cabin - a last minute upgrade from Princess and a great cabin, I don't recall the number of outlets in that cabin. And princess can provide some heavy duty extension cords if need be, but they are on a first come, first served basis. I wish I knew better how to advise you.

I agree that you need to contact the special needs department, but before you do, you need to determine the current draw total for the equipment to be plugged in (not the USB) as this will determine a lot of the answers and solutions available to you. Do all 8 items need to be plugged in at the same time? When you are out of the cabin, can any of the power plugs be undone to plug in a multi-USB charger? I would say, without knowing your exact situation and the equipment involved, that you are going to have to deal with some "flexibility" rather than convenience as far as your power needs. At home, does all of this equipment get plugged into one circuit? Also know that most cabins are on communal circuits with about 2-3 others, so their use of high wattage things like hair dryers may add to your usage and cause the circuit to overload.

Edited by chengkp75

I have learned that the sooner you contact the Access Office the better. According to my cruise personalizer, you can reach them at:

The Access Office can be reached at accessoffice@princesscruises.com or by fax at 661-284-4408.

The link to the page with this information and more that you will probably need if you haven't already looked at it is: https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/medicalRequests.page

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.