HELP: Tour suggestions in La Romana?

Cookmb

I am developing a headache trying to find something to do in La Romana. I really am not interested in visiting Altos de Chavon. We are two couples, mid 40s, that want to see the natural beauty of the area. I have read about Seavis tours to Saona Island, but I do not want to sit on a beach all day, I want to explore the countryside. I originally had hoped to go to Santo Domingo before I realized the drive would take approximately 6 hours round trip and there would be little time to exlore. Any suggestions for things to do would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

We did an excursion to Santo Domingo once and had a great time. I don't think the ride was 3 hours each way. It was long but not that long.

My husband loves history and there is plenty of that in Santo Domingo. We went into an old church, museums, shops, and had a great lunch. It was a full day and definitely worth it, especially if beaches are not your thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did an excursion to Santo Domingo once and had a great time. I don't think the ride was 3 hours each way. It was long but not that long.

My husband loves history and there is plenty of that in Santo Domingo. We went into an old church, museums, shops, and had a great lunch. It was a full day and definitely worth it, especially if beaches are not your thing.

Hi,

What tour or excurion group did you use to go to Santo Domingo? Our port is La Romana and we are looking to visit there as well.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

What tour or excurion group did you use to go to Santo Domingo? Our port is La Romana and we are looking to visit there as well.

Thanks!

We went through the cruise ship due to the fact that Santo Domingo is pretty far from La Romana.

• 2 weeks later...

Seavis does an easy going, jungle tour as well - Slow going, but absolutely stunning scenery. Boat heads up the river to their camp, where they fix you a "native" lunch - chicken and pork and local fixings. Then you are able to take a kayak tour down the river, if you choose. They also have a fun tree swing to play on. Very different from sitting at the beach all day - the mosquitos were not bad at all. And is was so beautiful!