help me decide

janjay

Hi all,

I am trying to decide between the Sun Princess and the Summit for next Feb. Summit is more expensive but I have sailed it before and while I REALLY loved it, I like seeing new ships and trying different lines. Anyone have good info to help me make my decision?

How could you not try a new ship and I guess line, it is equally well respected and has many seasoned cruisers who swear by AND you save money?... Geez you want a golden anchor too?

Best advice, the best line/ship is ALWAYS all of them.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

icon_wink.gif Well sure if they have one available. I'm not one to turn down a golden anything! In all seriousness I just want to make an informed decision. Money isn't the biggest issue. I manage to spend that no matter what I do! I guess I want to know the pros and cons of the Sun Princess from a consumer point of view as opposed to all the rating "stuff".

I have been on the Sun Princess and I would go on her again in a heart beat. Granted she is getting a little older but is still in good shape. I like the amount of passengers (1950), it is easy to get around, and the cabins are nice. Frankly, in my opinion the size of the ship is the main reason. So guess what ship I am taking in Oct. The Sapphire Princess to Mexican Rivera with 2600 passengers.I am doing that one since it is close to my hometown and I just have to drive to San Francisco. I am giving it a try. Go on the Sun. You will have a great time and enjoy the ship.

Marilyn

I haven't sailed the sun, but I have sailed the Regal, which has about the same # of pax and is also older. I would sail her again.

The most important question is do you prefer newer ships with all their bells & whistles? I can't speak for the sun, but the Regal didn't have the "over the top" things, but it was a very nice ship and once onboard, you didn't notice the age -- the style is different, but there is no wear & tear. Princess takes excellent care of their ships.

Have I helped? I've been rambling.....

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

We were attempting to make this decisions a couple of weeks ago. We ultimately chose the Summit (never sailed Celebrity, and we love Princess). The deal breaker for us was the size of the cabins. We like balcony cabins, and the Summit CC cabins were 191 sq. feet, and the balconies were an additional 41 sq. ft. The Sun balcony cabins were only 179 sq. ft. total, including the balcony. That would leave quite a small cabin for 10 days. But if you are looking at standard cabins, and the size is similar, I'd try the Sun. After all, Princess has PC dining, which we love. But we'll be back to Princess soon enough. Plan on booking the Caribbean Princess for Sept. 05.

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

icon_cool.gif Thanks everyone. I think we will end up on the Summit. Cabin size was an issue I hadn't actually looked at closely. Thanks to Jersey Girl. We have a CC Class balcony on hold. Guess I will make it so!

j

Jersey Girl you will really enjoy the Summit. We sailed her on her first year out. It is a beautiful ship and the service is outstanding. When do you sail? We will be Feb.

Aquarian, In the past cruises we have taken we have had inside cabins, therefore very little time was spent in the cabin. The last Summit cruise was 11 nights and we longed for a private place in the outdoors to get away from it all for reading etc. With four days at sea I think a veranda will be used quite a bit. Not an easy choice since I truly believe the only bad cruise is the one I am not on! icon_wink.gif

hi

i am in the same delemma - between the summit and the coral princess.

i have been on the sun and the summit - i prefer the summit - it is newer, entertainment beter, bigger cabins and bathrooms - the food is better on sun though -

i'm still undecided also - any questions just ask

carol

I am one of the oddballs that have less interest in the food than the other features of a cruise. I think anything I don't have to prepar is good! icon_biggrin.gif I like the idea of a bigger ship/same number of passengers. Do you notice a big differance with the smaller Sun P. as opposed to the Summit in crowdiness. (is that a word??)

LOL!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Geez you want a golden anchor too?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

Hey nice place to grow up! I too grew up here and have raised my family here and love it. I am coming up on my 50th year on this earth and think we have a pretty good piece right here in Roseburg.

Golden anchors aside icon_wink.gifI have booked on the Summit. While it is still waaaayyyy to far away I am looking forward to it.

I wonder if a golden anchor would fit in with my landscaping.. I could throw it in the pond!?!

janjay, Roseburg is nice.. my parents live out in Garden Valley. I was showing everyone pictures from the Grand Princess in April and trying to get them all to go on a cruise!

Grand Princess 4/4/04

Archived