Port Everglades question...ship-to-ship transfer

Barney9

I am looking for advise on the easiest way to transfer from a Royal Caribbean ship(Allure) to a Holland America ship(Zuiderdam). We will be getting of off the Allure on Nov 20 and going to get on the Zuiderdam. Has anyone had experience with the local Taxi service? Cost? Difficulty in getting a Taxi? It will be my wife and I, with 3 pieces of luggage, and she uses a walker. I am familiar with the port, but have never attempted this before.

Hi there,

This has been discussed before and I recall that there may have been an in-port shuttle at one time, but no longer. Since you are changing cruise lines, I wouldn't expect either line to do anything for you, so my advice is this: grab a cab and offer the driver $20.00. I know it is a very short distance, but he will lose his place in line and may be upset at having to make such a short trip. I think this is the best way to accomplish this in as few steps as possible.

Enjoy your cruises! :)

Thank you for asking this question we were wondering the same thing. The only difference is we will be going from the allure to freedom of the seas if that makes any difference.

Edited by vrock

Oh gosh, yes thanks for asking this because it had never occurred to me to be concerned, but now that you mentioned it I guess I should probably have some sort of a plan.. we're going from the harmony to freedom so same company at least but I have no idea if they're docked near each other. I was also wondering if we'll have a delay before we can board the second ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

in those cases where your transfer stays with the same cruise line, I'd ask about assistance ... I'd be surprised if they did help, but I've been surprised b4

otherwise yes a taxi and a nice tip ...

will there be a delay in boarding #2 ... almost certainly so I'd not be in a big hurry to leave #1 ....

• 2 months later...

Surprise! They totally took care of getting us from Harmony to freedom. We got off harmony and originally I figured we'd walk but it was pouring rain so I asked one of the attendants just outside customs and they directed us to one of the buses that was taking passengers to the airport. The took our family and one other passenger headed to freedom and dropped us off before heading to the airport. We tipped the driver but their was no fare requested and we hadn't pre arranged anything so I was very pleasantly surprised!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums