Past passenger discount & Peninsular Club

cruisefan2012

Hi all

I have a friend at work who is interested in the Aurora Iceland cruise that I`m going on in 2018

She has previously sailed twice with P&O on Arcadia and Britannia, 2x 7 night cruises

Does she join the Peninsular Club now she has sailed twice? She is sure its after 13 nights, I said I`m sure its after 15 nights you join the Peninsular Club....

Would she be entitled to past passenger discount WITHOUT being in the Peninsular Club or does she have to have the extra nights to qualify for past passenger discount? It would save a small amount of money by having the discount which could be the dice decider...

Interesting to hear peoples views on this

Thanks

Cruisefan2012

Hi all

I have a friend at work who is interested in the Aurora Iceland cruise that I`m going on in 2018

She has previously sailed twice with P&O on Arcadia and Britannia, 2x 7 night cruises

Does she join the Peninsular Club now she has sailed twice? She is sure its after 13 nights, I said I`m sure its after 15 nights you join the Peninsular Club....

Would she be entitled to past passenger discount WITHOUT being in the Peninsular Club or does she have to have the extra nights to qualify for past passenger discount? It would save a small amount of money by having the discount which could be the dice decider...

Interesting to hear peoples views on this

Thanks

Cruisefan2012

It is 15 nights, so you are correct. So really no discounts of any sort.

If she does want to sail, best to go through a good TA and see what sort of discount she can get from them.

We have only done 14 nights but they have given me a discount on a cruise in 2018 my discount is valid until end November may be worth phoning

Sent from my SM-T520 using Forums mobile app

I wish what pando says is what it does.

Obviously worth a try then, although this is what they say

Here’s how it works...

For each night you spend on board, we award you 10 loyalty points which are applied at the end of your cruise. Once you have spent at least 15 nights on board (150 points), you automatically become a member of the Peninsular Club. So, after earning 150 points, you enter the Pacific Tier. As the number of nights you spend on board with us increases over subsequent holidays so, too, does your tier status.

You are a past passenger after a short cruise. You are not a member of the Peninsular Club until after 15 nights. This is where the confusion is coming.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are going on our second cruise soon and are looking to book our 3rd possibly on board we will hit our 15th night on board second cruise would we have to wait until we return to get to our first tier or will it be available to use whilst still onboard for our 3rd cruise if you get our meaning

Please can I ask do you get the past passenger discount off saver fares or just the select fare?

I wasn't even aware you get past passenger discounts!! We have spent over 70 nights aboard just goes to show I should read up a bit more, we unfortunately can only book holidays 4/5 weeks ahead due to carer commitments and parents health, when they are having a good run and carers are available we book a holiday so very rarely use the select fares and have only once had OBC.