question about sailing during Thanksgiving

Jayarby

We will be sailing out of Baltimore for a seven day Carnival cruise during Thanksgiving week to the Bahamas. I know it will be chilly when departing and at some point when returning, but I don't want to pack too many heavy clothes if not necessary. If you have sailed out of Baltimore during cooler months, can you advise how many days at sea should I expect the weather to be cold?

We will be sailing out of Baltimore for a seven day Carnival cruise during Thanksgiving week to the Bahamas. I know it will be chilly when departing and at some point when returning, but I don't want to pack too many heavy clothes if not necessary. If you have sailed out of Baltimore during cooler months, can you advise how many days at sea should I expect the weather to be cold?

I sailed out of Baltimore last December. It was chilly the first day. I was comfortable outside in a sweatshirt. We had rain on the first sea day and hung out under cover on the Serenity deck in long sleeves and blankets. It was cozy. After that we were nice and warm in summer clothes. I would take something warm for the first and last day and then typical summer clothes the rest of the time.

Enjoy! I love the Pride and sailing out of Baltimore! :)

It's really hit or miss...I live in Virginia, a few hours from Baltimore. Last November it was still in the 80s and 70s most days in December. Other years it was 50 or below. Most likely the first day will be a little chilly at sea but you should be fine after that :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did the Carnival Pride Thanksgiving cruise in 2013 and 2015. We live very close to the port. Thanksgiving is usually not that cold in Baltimore. By noon the next day the weather was very nice. The best advice is layers. One person's cold is another person's perfect.

Weather varies every year so you will never get the same answer. From our experiences, you can expect the first day to be chilly. The next a little warmer but on the several times we have sailed out of Baltimore during that time, it has been too cold to sit by the pool the second day in a bathing suit. The closer you get to Florida the warmer it will get.

Whenever we sail out of Baltimore we always plan for 2 chilly days going and 2 chilly days coming back.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

At least 2 going and 2 coming back.