Queens Grill

cruzilove

Hubby and i are thinking about doin TA for our 20th. Trying to decide if we should book a QG room or not. What are your thoughts......what is the difference in the dining rooms?

OK, here goes. First you'll have a MUCH larger room than a standard Britannia cabin. You'll have use of a butler. The Queens Grill allows you to dine "off menu" if you don't see anything you like.(I think you'll like the menu overall no matter what. You'll get priority boarding/disembarkation. You have the Queens Grill lounge to relax in. Tea service & selection much better than elsewhere on board. Frequently, there are musical guests that perform in the lounge..Most enjoyable. There is a nice terrace deck reserved for Grills pax. Fares are quite high, but luxury such as this doesn't come cheap!

Hubby and i are thinking about doin TA for our 20th. Trying to decide if we should book a QG room or not. What are your thoughts......what is the difference in the dining rooms?

If you are comparing Princess with Queens restaurants, there are some who say they prefer Princess but I am not sure why. As keithm says, in Queens you do have the opportunity to order off menu - in fact it is possible to tailor your entire evening menu if you should wish.

On a TA where you are not going ashore then the benefits of Queens Grill restaurant which you may well be using for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, and the benefit of a larger suite which also you may use more often than if port days were involved definitely sways me toward

Queens over Princess but of course it comes at a cost.

Ok, so I've done both and now I go PG Guarantee only. I prefer the PG dining room. All that 'off menu' nonsense, well, you get how I feel about that.

The PG dining room is more spacious (less people than QG suites) and frankly, I've had better service in the PG dining room.

Yes, the PG suites are smaller yet the balcony is plenty big and though the bathtub isn't a jacuzzi, it's more than adequate.

Whatever decision you make, happy 20th!

Ok, so I've done both and now I go PG Guarantee only. I prefer the PG dining room. All that 'off menu' nonsense, well, you get how I feel about that.

The PG dining room is more spacious (less people than QG suites) and frankly, I've had better service in the PG dining room.

Yes, the PG suites are smaller yet the balcony is plenty big and though the bathtub isn't a jacuzzi, it's more than adequate.

Being "foodies", and in the food industry, we love the fact of being able to try many different items. Osman was always so gracious & encouraging about food experimenting. I think at times he wanted to see what the chefs could do. I do agree with you about the Princess Grill being more spacious & intimate as well.

Seconded! The QE Princess Grill has far exceeded our expectations, for both food and service. Never had a problem finding something on the menus to suit us. Will post more when home, its time to get ready for the last formal night, boo hoo!

Posted from the top end of the Bay of Biscay!

I was just informed by my TA that Sandro Ranieri will be the Maitre d'

in Queens Grill on this cruise.

Thank you for checking - we have a roll call for the November 5th sailing from Rome here

Seconded! The QE Princess Grill has far exceeded our expectations, for both food and service. Never had a problem finding something on the menus to suit us. Will post more when home, its time to get ready for the last formal night, boo hoo!

That's good to hear, we've heard so many disappointing comments about PG recently. Enjoy your trip across the Bay.

Hope the seas are hospitable to you! I did not fare well on QE in Dec.

It's funny that you posted about PG as I thought about your positive review of it to me previously as I put a deposit down on a TA in PG for next July, today.

At half the price of QG and a ludicrous amount of OBC it was too good to pass up!

Hope the seas are hospitable to you! I did not fare well on QE in Dec.

It's funny that you posted about PG as I thought about your positive review of it to me previously as I put a deposit down on a TA in PG for next July, today.

At half the price of QG and a ludicrous amount of OBC it was too good to pass up!

Glad to see you have not given up on Cunard completely.

Trevor