Diamond Crown and Anchor on Independence

jeno

I am Diamond level only due to my Elite level on Celebrity. I've cruised on RCCL a few times, but not as a Diamond level member.

I understand most ships have a Diamond lounge, but the Independence of the Seas does not. Are we given anything to replace that lounge experience? I am traveling with a friend that isn't Diamond. Will she receive the same Diamond Perks that I do?

I have tried looking the information up, but would like to hear from someone that has been on that ship and can tell me how it is handled.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Indy has a Diamond Lounge.

In addition to unlimited drinks in the DL during the cocktail hour, you will also get 3 drink vouchers per evening to be used at any bar, but only during the same time as the DL cocktail hour.

Edited by clarea

I am Diamond level only due to my Elite level on Celebrity. I've cruised on RCCL a few times, but not as a Diamond level member.

I understand most ships have a Diamond lounge, but the Independence of the Seas does not. Are we given anything to replace that lounge experience? I am traveling with a friend that isn't Diamond. Will she receive the same Diamond Perks that I do?

What Bob said above plus you friend does not get to share your Diamond status as a non Captains Club cabin mate does on Celebrity.

Thank you! I wonder where I got that info? Can my friend/cabin mate go to the lounge with me, or is that the idea of the 3 drinks at any bar?

You can get drinks at any bar (even share them with your cabin mate) but only during the same limited time (and menu) as the lounge.

Sorry, I am going on the Indy, but the ship I wanted to ask about for next week is the Empress. How is the lack of a Diamond lounge handled on the Empress? My mistake.

Sorry, I am going on the Indy, but the ship I wanted to ask about for next week is the Empress. How is the lack of a Diamond lounge handled on the Empress? My mistake.

3 drink vouchers are loaded on your Seapass daily for use during the regular DL hours although there is no DL on the Empress.

Just got off the Indy on Sunday. Diamond Lounge is on deck 14 starboard, by Olive & Twist. Due to the number of Diamonds on board (about 600), they also allowed use of the bar area in Olive and Twist too...snacks were still in the lounge though. We actually preferred sitting round the bar, chatting away! No problem taking drinks away (to dinner or whatever) either. We did a trans atlantic on the Indy in 2009 and due to the number of Diamonds (about 1200 I think) they used the Pyramid lounge instead. If you weren't there by 5:15; you didn't get a seat!:D

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

We're Diamond and sail in GS. We can never get into the lounges on our cruises unless there is a Suite Lounge onboard. We would love to meet people and make new friends in the lounges but Hubby refuses to stand in a line to get in there or to try to find a seat in a jammed lounge. In our experience the people in Suite Lounges tend to stay pretty much to themselves. I wish there was a D+ and higher Lounge. No offense to Diamonds, we just want to make friends.

Edited by Carole2313