Size of bed Question

Daniel1313

The cruise personalizer always says non-converting twin beds. What ship and cabin number do you have? Although there are a few that really do have non-converting twins, most can be converted to a queen. They are usually marked on the deck plan if they are really non-converting.

They are just slightly smaller than a standard twin. If they were pushed together they would make a queen size bed width. Some of the non-converting could actually be converted (was the case with my last cruise) but if you convert them there's nowhere to stand and get dressed!! (Dawn Princess).

Probably not good for newlyweds :D

Just wondering why I keep hearing others say that the Cruise Personalizer always says non-converting twin beds? My personalizer says Queen. I had entered it into the personalizer myself, on the screen where it asked if you wanted twin beds or a queen bed. Maybe that's all you need to do to get it to show up as a Queen. It also asks if you want bed extenders, bedboard, shower stool, non-smoking, etc. I wish they also asked about pillows and egg crate mattresses!

What's weird about this, I had called Princess and asked about the egg crate mattress (you have to fax for that) and mentioned the shower stool and they said there IS no screen that asks if you want a shower stool, bed extender and so forth. Ummmmm......there sure is! I'm looking at it!

Oh, there is also a drop down menu asking if you want Anytime Dining, First or Second Seating. Not sure how it works if you try to change it....

I had entered it into the personalizer myself, on the screen where it asked if you wanted twin beds or a queen bed. Maybe that's all you need to do to get it to show up as a Queen. It also asks if you want bed extenders, bedboard, shower stool, non-smoking, etc. ...they said there IS no screen that asks if you want a shower stool, bed extender and so forth. Ummmmm......there sure is! I'm looking at it!

Oh, there is also a drop down menu asking if you want Anytime Dining, First or Second Seating. Not sure how it works if you try to change it....

Sounds like you somehow are in the Travel Agent access. For most of us when using the Personalizer, we can only see the Booking Summary screen, where bed configurations and dining assignments are listed, but there are no drop down boxes to change these items. There is a small line of print below that says " Please contact your Travel Agent or 1-800-PRINCESS to change your Booking Summary." Not sure how you managed to gain access, but most of us do not have it.

Archived