Post Hurricane Matthew travel reviews

I'm on the 10/15 Empress flying into Ft Lauderdale

Hope we get to go... We'll see...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing on Empress Oct. 10. So far so good. Called hotel in Ft. lauderdlemtoday. Room is good to go. Southwest says they are good to go, now just hoping predicted 40% chance of rain in Key Wet and 60% in Cozumel cooperate a little bit.

Staying at Hilton Marina on Sunday night

We are sailing on Empress Oct. 10. So far so good. Called hotel in Ft. lauderdlemtoday. Room is good to go. Southwest says they are good to go, now just hoping predicted 40% chance of rain in Key Wet and 60% in Cozumel cooperate a little bit.

Staying at Hilton Marina on Sunday night

Have a good trip. Hopefully weather holds out.

Following! We go on Allure 10/23 and are scheduled for 10/24 Nassau

Just checked in at Port Everglades for the Allure and were told we are going to Nassau tomorrow. We have day passes for the British Colonial Hilton. I will try to report back here after our visit and will send a few photos if I can.

Thanks,

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just checked in at Port Everglades for the Allure and were told we are going to Nassau tomorrow. We have day passes for the British Colonial Hilton. I will try to report back here after our visit and will send a few photos if I can.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks so much for the update!

Thanks,

Mark

Thank you Mark! That would be fantastic! We also have those day passes for a later sailing and are hoping that the hotel hasn't sustained much damage. Have a wonderful trip!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

We were able to get into Coastal Kitchen for lunch...our waiter informed us that we were going to skip Nassau tomorrow due to storm damage and that they were going to add Labadee on as a substitute on Friday after St. Maarten. No official word yet, but he said the Captain was going to "surprise" everyone with the news.

Thanks,

Mark

PLEASE do.. We have passes for there on November 1. Curious to see how bad the damage was.. Thank you for posting... Have a wonderful time on your cruise..

This could help those that are scheduled to go on cruises in the weeks ahead that might want to find other things to do onshore or may even want to cancel their cruises if there is too much destruction or devastation; maybe some don't want to deal with itinerary changes on their cruises.

The cruise port and those affected will be in need of your tourist dollars to rebuild and get back to normal. The worst thing to do would be to cancel.

If there is too much damage to a location, the cruise line will substitute.

Headed out of Miami on Empress on 10/29/16! Following! I was also wondering if Hotels that have been booked for pre cruise will be effected? We fly into Fort Lauderdale

There was no damage to Fort Lauderdale or Miami hotels.

I am particularly curious to see how CocoCay weathered the storm. The island took almost a direct hit from the strongest part of the storm. The eye passed just to the west of the island.

Curious about Cococay too, everyone is saying Labadee is open but haven't heard if any ships stopped there is weekend.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Someone posted that they were there this past Friday on the Allure and everything was fine. We are on the Allure now and will be there this Friday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Looking for that post...i found a post that someone said it was close on Saturday....

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app