Can you change a cabin on your own?

Or do you have to call and have a personal cruise consultant do it?

I ask because when I was making my tentative (now deposited) reservation, I was doing it online myself as the offices have closed through Friday because of Matthew according to my pcc's voice mail message and my browser froze - the lovely spiny pinwheel. I had selected a cabin, but not gotten to the payment or hold screen yet. That obviously took the cabin out of inventory for a time, so I booked my second choice figuring that like on other cruise line websites I've dealt with (Disney and RCCL) I could go in and change it myself after the cabin had time to release. But I can't figure out how to do it on my own.

Possible? Or do I need to wait until I call to have him add gluten-free onto my reservation and hope choice 1 is still available?

You can't do it on your own. If you really want to make sure no one else takes your first choice cabin between now and Friday, you can make a second booking. You don't have to shell out another deposit, you can create a hold on the website today (Thursday) and it will block that cabin for you until tomorrow (Friday), when you can hopefully reach a phone rep to sort things out (it doesn't necessarily have to be your PCC, any agent will do).

If the cruise is still a long way off, and there is low risk of your cabin being taken, you can just wait until until tomorrow and get them to switch cabins for you.

I ask because when I was making my tentative (now deposited) reservation, I was doing it online myself as the offices have closed through Friday because of Matthew according to my pcc's voice mail message and my browser froze - the lovely spiny pinwheel. I had selected a cabin, but not gotten to the payment or hold screen yet. That obviously took the cabin out of inventory for a time, so I booked my second choice figuring that like on other cruise line websites I've dealt with (Disney and RCCL) I could go in and change it myself after the cabin had time to release. But I can't figure out how to do it on my own.

Possible? Or do I need to wait until I call to have him add gluten-free onto my reservation and hope choice 1 is still available?

Call the main line #

The Arizona office's should take care of it.

Thanks! I did check and my 1st choice cabin was still available (studio, no connecting doors, and cabins on three sides so just the one hallway), so I called and got it changed and got gluten-free noted on my reservation. I think the girl I spoke with was relieved to not have to answer a hurricane question! :)

Thanks! I did check and my 1st choice cabin was still available (studio, no connecting doors, and cabins on three sides so just the one hallway), so I called and got it changed and got gluten-free noted on my reservation. I think the girl I spoke with was relieved to not have to answer a hurricane question! :)

Don't you think you should of called right away???

Yes, I probably should HAVE called yesterday. As stated in my original post, I DID try yesterday calling the number I had for my PCC and as I stated his voice mail indicated the offices were closed through at least Friday. I am new to NCL and did not realize they have satellite offices that are not affected, so I figured if his vm said "closed through at least Friday" all the call center was.

I was fine with the cabin I booked and would have been fine had I not been able to change. It's just a little bit of extra sunshine.

But thanks so much for making me feel so welcome. TBH I'm iffy enough on this cruise as it is - if the majority of NCL people are as "helpful" as you two are I may well cancel and go with a friendlier line.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Yes, I probably should HAVE called yesterday. As stated in my original post, I DID try yesterday calling the number I had for my PCC and as I stated his voice mail indicated the offices were closed through at least Friday. I am new to NCL and did not realize they have satellite offices that are not affected, so I figured if his vm said "closed through at least Friday" all the call center was.

I was fine with the cabin I booked and would have been fine had I not been able to change. It's just a little bit of extra sunshine.

But thanks so much for making me feel so welcome. TBH I'm iffy enough on this cruise as it is - if the majority of NCL people are as "helpful" as you two are I may well cancel and go with a friendlier line.

WrittenOnYourHeart: My "Seriously???" comment was for the guy/gal who posted above me. I felt it was an unwarranted comment that they made. It was also a RUDE comment.

Good luck on your cruise... you'll have a blast :) We will be on the Breakaway late next month!!!

WrittenOnYourHeart: My "Seriously???" comment was for the guy/gal who posted above me. I felt it was an unwarranted comment that they made. It was also a RUDE comment.

Good luck on your cruise... you'll have a blast :) We will be on the Breakaway late next month!!!

Thank you for explaining Lotalye!

And thanks! I am generally a smaller ship, not all the bells and whistles kind of girl, but it is hard to beat the studio pricing especially when I am only a subway ride from the pier, and I figure that this way I can never be told I can have no opinion on the mega ships not having been on one. :)

Thank you for explaining Lotalye!

And thanks! I am generally a smaller ship, not all the bells and whistles kind of girl, but it is hard to beat the studio pricing especially when I am only a subway ride from the pier, and I figure that this way I can never be told I can have no opinion on the mega ships not having been on one. :)

You are 100% correct + the UBP doesn't hurt :D

Besides, is there such a thing as a "bad cruise"? NOPE!!!

You are 100% correct + the UBP doesn't hurt :D

Besides, is there such a thing as a "bad cruise"? NOPE!!!

Very true! The UBP is the perk I opted to have (I learned this summer on the Brilliance in the Med that if a beverage package is offered I'd rather buy it and possibly not "break even" than want to get a drink or two but be at the end of the budget - so since this is "free" other than the service fee of course I was going to go for it).

And yeah... I'm already planning to get the thermal spa pass and am keeping my fingers crossed I can get an early enough port arrival and boarding time (not sure how this works on NCL - do you select or do they assign?) I can get a Vibe pass - but worst-case I'll explore and find places to chill.

I won't be in the classroom, so that's always a bonus!

You need to call.