Victory barely staying ahead of the storm

Justaddvodka68

During this storm, I leaned that a lot of APPS and internet maps don't show the actual location, but where the location SHOULD be based on the itinerary. So I doubt the Victory is really there right now.

The app I have showed the Ecstasy in the Bahamas yesterday even though they were clearly docked in Cozumel.

Just AN FYI of what I learned.

Marine Traffic seems to be the most current website, as long as the vessel is in range for signal to be picked up.

Victory disembarked all passengers on Wednesday, and is sailing empty. Port Canaveral is closed, and all vessels had to be removed yesterday.

Ah! That makes more sense.

Not sure why she's sitting clearly in the path still. Hope the crew gets somewhere safe soon!

During this storm, I leaned that a lot of APPS and internet maps don't show the actual location, but where the location SHOULD be based on the itinerary. So I doubt the Victory is really there right now.

The app I have showed the Ecstasy in the Bahamas yesterday even though they were clearly docked in Cozumel.

Just AN FYI of what I learned.

Marine Traffic seems to be the most current website, as long as the vessel is in range for signal to be picked up.

Oh, I have been using http://www.cruisemapper.com/ which has shown the ships that have diverted in their new locations. I thought it was GPS tracking.

I see now.

Thanks

I would think CCl will move all their ships from the ports along the East coast of Florida out to sea. It seems to me that ships would sustain more damage in port than at sea, Don't you think?.

Gary

Yes, of course. Also, if the port is closed, the ships have to leave.

I would think CCl will move all their ships from the ports along the East coast of Florida out to sea. It seems to me that ships would sustain more damage in port than at sea, Don't you think?.

Gary

Correct. Out to sea is often the best option. Also do not trust the accuracy of AIS tracking unless you are paying for it. The storm is moving at 12 mph. Victory can certainly out run it.