Do You Have Any ?'s About Fascination

sparks1093

I have booked a group cruise booked for my 50th birthday in 2018 and one of my friends was concerned about sailing on a smaller ship during hurricane season. Did you find the water was pretty smooth, a little choppy, or rough?

Thanks.

I never noticed any movement, but there were a couple of times DW did feel a little woozy from the motion that she felt. (I served on two small ships in the Navy so the seas would need to be rough indeed for me to notice any motion.)

I have booked a group cruise booked for my 50th birthday in 2018 and one of my friends was concerned about sailing on a smaller ship during hurricane season. Did you find the water was pretty smooth, a little choppy, or rough?

Thanks.

The first time we sailed this itinerary it was in October. There was nary a ripple for the entire week. The weather couldn't have been better. We were stuck in San Juan and eventually Orlando due to Superstorm Sandy rolling up the eastern part of the US. We didn't finally make it home to Ohio until the following Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

We are taking the Fascination out of San Juan and a friend of ours told us that you can come and go as much as you want on embarkation day and bring a bottle of wine aboard each time. Anyone ever try this?

Thanks!

We are taking the Fascination out of San Juan and a friend of ours told us that you can come and go as much as you want on embarkation day and bring a bottle of wine aboard each time. Anyone ever try this?

Thanks!

I have heard of people doing this but we didn't. I do know that once you've checked in you may head out to explore the city.

Thanks!

You can get off and on as many times as you like. We only brought 4 bottles back doing that. Not sure how many you could do in a day. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if Carnival still offers the program where you can pay them to ship your luggage to the airport and print you your boarding passes. I can't remember what it as called. Do you know if they are doing this on the Fascination? Thanks for your help.

I was just wondering if Carnival still offers the program where you can pay them to ship your luggage to the airport and print you your boarding passes. I can't remember what it as called. Do you know if they are doing this on the Fascination? Thanks for your help.

I believe what you are looking for is called EZ Pass. They did not have it on the Fascination in San Juan this past summer.

Ok - I have a few questions and thank you in advance for your response!

1. Has anyone experienced the new check in time? It says it starts at 1:30 now but you cannot board until 2:30-

Im guessing we should eat lunch before heading to cruise ship lol

2. Anyone know which bar has the martini tasting in? Is it just one night ? I hope its the one night at sea.

3, What do they do at the Captains Gala now? Is there discounted drinks?

How is the food at dinner? What do they have on that night?

I have not been on carnival since they have made all the changes....

I am thinking with this being such a port intense cruise - We will probably eat breakfast and lunch or lunch on sure , most days. We may just skip that Gala??

Ok - I have a few questions and thank you in advance for your response!

1. Has anyone experienced the new check in time? It says it starts at 1:30 now but you cannot board until 2:30-

Im guessing we should eat lunch before heading to cruise ship lol

2. Anyone know which bar has the martini tasting in? Is it just one night ? I hope its the one night at sea.

3, What do they do at the Captains Gala now? Is there discounted drinks?

How is the food at dinner? What do they have on that night?

I have not been on carnival since they have made all the changes....

I am thinking with this being such a port intense cruise - We will probably eat breakfast and lunch or lunch on sure , most days. We may just skip that Gala??

We had FTTF so not sure about the new check in times. It's the bar that is right outside the lounge where the comedy show is put on as I recall. The sign (get 4 martini samples for 1 price) was up all week, so it looked like if that bar was open they had it. Don't know anything about the Gala. We found the food at dinner to be quite good although the new American Table menus don't have quite as many choices.