Do You Have Any ?'s About Fascination

sparks1093

Does the Fascination have self-service laundry? I can't locate it on the deck plans.

It does, one of the guys that frequented trivia at the same time as us mentioned doing laundry. I think he said they are on Deck 6 and 7 but we used the laundry bag special.

My question would be whether it's still floating.... but I guess you already answered that :D

Wonder how much long they will keep this thing around. A few more years and maybe it'll be sold to another South Florida Bahamas cruise like Grand Celebration.

As long as they continue to maintain her well there is no reason they can't get a few more years out of her. She may not have all the bells and whistles of the newer ships but we still had a great time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello-

I am wondering when you are going on the cruise? I noticed the last 2 weeks reviews were not so positive? People had complaints about the pool having a leak and needing repair and some other things were broken?

I dont want to go into alot of detail on complaints --

I am also wondering if they have martini tasting I did not see this in their fun times?

I am also wondering if they have any drink specials? I did not see that in their fun times either Some ships off a drink and a half for $4 more

How was the food and the service ? Did they still offer twice daily cleaning of cabins?

thanks-----

Hello-

I am wondering when you are going on the cruise? I noticed the last 2 weeks reviews were not so positive? People had complaints about the pool having a leak and needing repair and some other things were broken?

I dont want to go into alot of detail on complaints --

I am also wondering if they have martini tasting I did not see this in their fun times?

I am also wondering if they have any drink specials? I did not see that in their fun times either Some ships off a drink and a half for $4 more

How was the food and the service ? Did they still offer twice daily cleaning of cabins?

thanks-----

They offered 4 mini-martinis for $27.95 I believe and that's closest I saw to a tasting. The most I saw on drink specials was $1 off the DoD but that was limited to certain areas. We had no issues with service and got it twice day without asking for it. The food was good to great all week.

I just read REREAD your review and I remember what a great review it was - I remember commenting I am glad you we are doing better and were able to enjoy your trip!

Yes, I remember and thank you again. I am going in today for a follow-up CT scan to make sure everything is still okay. I'll be having one every 6 months for 3 years and then yearly for the next two (at least, they may have me get them yearly for the rest of my life).

I'm looking to book the cruise to SJ October 29th 2017 for my birthday, and although this will be the smallest cruise ship i'll be on my question is is there a movie screen/movie night aboard this ship?

Not that I saw. They do have movies on the ship's television though.

I have a friend that is looking at a cruise in March 2017 and trying to decide between the Fascination and another cruise line. They are in their late 30's and don't drink. What do you think? They don't want a party ship.

It would depend what the other cruise line is and how much it is compared to Fascination. We chose Fascination over NCL Gem because NCL wanted $800 more for the cruise (that price did include the beverage package but we wouldn't buy it and didn't see the value in spending that much more). There were parties on Fascination but it wasn't over the top partying if that makes sense.

DW and I are Cruising out Feb 19th. very familiar w this run, but have one question. can we still purchase liquer right before we board the ship. This is the only boarding port where we can do this.. amazing.

tks :D

The security checkpoint is after the stores. How easy it is to get past there I don't know. (I did see a table where they were collecting liquor though.)

Edited by sparks1093

DW and I are Cruising out Feb 19th. very familiar w this run, but have one question. can we still purchase liquer right before we board the ship. This is the only boarding port where we can do this.. amazing.

tks :D

Short answer is no. You can't do this anymore. It used to be that the liquor collection desk was on the deck of the ship right besides where you actually board. Even if your carry-on was tagged at scanners for liquor, you could cut the tag, hide in another bag or whatever because the gangway zig-zagged on its way up to the ship and no security or cameras were there to see you. Now the collection desk is about 15 feet after you pass the scanners. No chance to hide nothing if you're tagged. I guess Carnival finally read all the threads about smuggling booze here and started to wise up. At least in San Juan they did!

They offered 4 mini-martinis for $27.95 I believe and that's closest I saw to a tasting.

The martini tasting is anytime after 5:30 at the Beverly Hills bar, and it's $17, not $27.

Does the Fascination have self-service laundry? I can't locate it on the deck plans.

Yes, and they are the coin operated kind, they do not use S&S cards (unfortunately).

The martini tasting is anytime after 5:30 at the Beverly Hills bar, and it's $17, not $27.

Yes, and they are the coin operated kind, they do not use S&S cards (unfortunately).

Welcome back! Yes, you are absolutely right it was $17. My memory is not what it used to be (well, it never was but that's another story).

When are they going to put that old cluncker out to pasture.

When it becomes more expensive to maintain her than is feasible? I've been on ships my whole life (well, sometimes it feels like it) and I saw nothing to suggest she's an "old clunker". Heck, if I didn't know she was as old as she is I probably wouldn't have guessed correctly. I saw the same types of material condition issues that I've seen on newer ships and they are the types of issues any ship serving that many people are going to have. Fascination is a good back drop to the itinerary she is currently on.

• 1 month later...
Looking for Pre and Post accommodation. Would you stay here again?

Probably, if we couldn't find anything closer to the pier. The rooms were pretty small but clean. I can't remember if I've mentioned it in this thread but the hotel takes up the top floor of a medical center and it looks like the rooms used to be patient rooms (probably why they are small).

Probably, if we couldn't find anything closer to the pier. The rooms were pretty small but clean. I can't remember if I've mentioned it in this thread but the hotel takes up the top floor of a medical center and it looks like the rooms used to be patient rooms (probably why they are small).

Sorry, I missed your post regarding the hotel. I appreciate your response. :)

We stayed at the Sheraton OSJ as have thousands of cruise passengers. We have also stayed at a boutique hotel in OSJ called Villa Herencia. I would recommend either. Villa Herencia was an amazing place. Quintessential OSJ.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your suggestion. I wish I would have waited. I used Hotwire for both pre and post dates. I wanted to include the Hotel when I purchased trip insurance.

Pre cruise ... The Condado Plaza Hilton ...reviews are mixed .. supposed to be 4 star.

Post cruise... InterContinental San Juan...reviews are mixed.. also supposed to be 4 star.

Edited by the4dreamers