Lack of good Independence rewiews??

We did a 5 day cruise on Indy last February. Had an ocean view balcony room on deck 7 or 8 on the hump. Room was very nice and close to the elevators which was very convenient. We got on Indy early we walked directly into the promenade which was so beautiful I asked my wife if we can afford it!! This was only our second cruise and our first on a large ship and we certainly experienced the WOW factor with that first walk through. After we settled in we explored the pool deck, solarium and the cantilevered hot tubs. These areas were all very inviting. We spent out first afternoon relaxing on the pool deck. We did MyTime dining and it worked out very well for us. I recall that we showed up each night around 6:30 and we were always seated upon arrival. We always had the same table, waiter and wine guy. We also usually had the same neighbors whom we got to know. Over all the MDR was great. On lobster tail night I ordered an app and a tail. When my LT came our server brought me order of prime rib as well which I had not even asked for! He said that the lobster is not enough of a meal and he remembered that I had ordered the prime rib before. It's like he knew what I was thinking as I had considered ordering two meals at the start but was hesitant to do so. There were lots of examples of RC staff doing the extra little things that made the cruise so enjoyable for us. Without going on much more I noticed someone else mentioned Lorenzo from the Schooner bar. He quickly became our favorite bar server. He is funny as heck and is one of the best bar servers I have ever had. We ended up making a before dinner drink stop at the Schooner a regular event. Lots more I could add but I'll stop now or else this will become a lengthy post. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a good cruise - Indy is a great ship with excellent service.

Thank you for your review!! It's short but sweet and gets me totally excited to cruise on Indy! Thank you so much!

We didn't have to prepay with our MTD. It started about a year ago where guests with MTD don't have to prepay anymore. You can if you want but there is an option to opt in/out.

Just as clarification, you don't have to prepay but gratuities will be added to your account each day. You can go to guest services and have them removed but I personally hate that this is possible. This is the salary of the staff onboard and in many cases, they send the money home to their family in many different countries.

We got off the Indy on Monday after the TA.

Had a great time on her, she still looks good and the staff are great.

Lorenzo in the Schooner bar, friendly and always remembered my name and choice of drink.

Also loved Donald in the Café Promenade! He made me great Caramel Frappacino’s (no coffee) the whole cruise. If he’s there say hello from Jo and partake in one of them for yourself! Yum!! :D

We did pre pay grats and never mind this – we always do MTD

Grease was good, worth a watch.

Relax and enjoy yourself - you'll have a great time

Loved the Indy.....

Special place in my heart. 5 day in February was my husband's first cruise after retiring. Plus it was our first Diamond cruise. Loved the Diamond lounge on this class.

I had a great time on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just wondering if this is another difference between booking UK instead of US? There are so many things you get that we don't, it wouldn't surprise me.

Simon

Hi have booked in the UK and was offered MTD even though I wasn't Pre paying grats. Was told that had changed a while ago by the RC rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got off the Indy on Monday after the TA.

Had a great time on her, she still looks good and the staff are great.

Lorenzo in the Schooner bar, friendly and always remembered my name and choice of drink.

Also loved Donald in the Café Promenade! He made me great Caramel Frappacino’s (no coffee) the whole cruise. If he’s there say hello from Jo and partake in one of them for yourself! Yum!! :D

We did pre pay grats and never mind this – we always do MTD

Grease was good, worth a watch.

Relax and enjoy yourself - you'll have a great time

Caramel Frappacino?? That's awesome! I don't like chocolate (I know, I'm nuts! lol) but my knees go weak at the mention of caramel! Would you know if that's included in the deluxe beverage package? Thank you for the review!

Just as clarification, you don't have to prepay but gratuities will be added to your account each day. You can go to guest services and have them removed but I personally hate that this is possible. This is the salary of the staff onboard and in many cases, they send the money home to their family in many different countries.

Oh Nooooooo:(

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Indy today - had a blast, ship in great shape. Weather in Cozumel was horrible so spent a lot of time on the ship.

Only issues were Main dining room service was slow and we felt rushed out at the end (no coffee even though I ordered it each night) Buffet had 1/2 closed a lot so it was a bit crowded at peak times. Never saw the cruise director but his group did a good job with on deck activities and karaoke.

Drink of the day $10.95 - but none were that great, preferred the frozen drinks instead.

Just off Indy today - had a blast, ship in great shape. Weather in Cozumel was horrible so spent a lot of time on the ship.

Only issues were Main dining room service was slow and we felt rushed out at the end (no coffee even though I ordered it each night) Buffet had 1/2 closed a lot so it was a bit crowded at peak times. Never saw the cruise director but his group did a good job with on deck activities and karaoke.

Drink of the day $10.95 - but none were that great, preferred the frozen drinks instead.

Thank you for your review...did you see 'Grease'? How did you like it? Any other shows worth seeing?

Thank you for your review...did you see 'Grease'? How did you like it? Any other shows worth seeing?

I didn't but some of our group did and said it was awesome!!! Saw a bit of a solo performer and wasn't impressed. Couldn't find a comedian either. QUEST was a big hit with our group.