March Gem prices

skeeter195

We are on the Gem March 9-19, 2017 and the prices keep going up. We have a group of 30 plus booked right now with maybe another 20 thinking about it. We all booked around April at an OK price. The weeks before and after(except presidents week) are about 5-7 hundred less per person. Right now balconies and mini-suites are both $1899. SO, can my fellow NY and the NJ people help me out here? I do not see any holiday or school breaks that week, am I missing something?

Thanks

I know some colleges will be on break, but it is a 10 day cruise and most times the college crowd does the 3-7 day cruises. If it is by chance the college crowd that would be fun also. At least there would be some late night excitement going on somewhere.

The Ontario school break may part of the reason also. That would be fun also. Most of the Canadians I know are nice people who like to have a good time.

Wonder if 10-day cruises are just getting more popular? We booked a 10-day cruise this past January for January 2017 in a balcony cabin, and as of a month ago, balconies, mini-suites, and suites were sold out -- and we're not to final payment (it's on Monday). The Haven, insides, and oceanviews are still available. We paid $1499 per person for our BA, and the last I saw (before sellout) was balconies were somewhere around the $1899 or $1949 mark. Prices never dropped after we booked.

So popularity + spring break season and everyone wanting to head to the tropics from the cold northeast may be reason prices are increasing.

$1899 for a 10 day cruise, seems quite reasonable in a Balcony cabin and that is during a popular timeframe, also if they only do a few of the 10 day cruises they will be on the more expensive side, but for 10 days in a Balcony that does not seem to expensive.

We did a 7 night cruise in August on the Gem and in a Balcony cabin it was about $1599 per person, but that is PRIME season during the summer and a Balcony.

We have done the same cruise the past 4 years and they were never this high. Actually balcony prices never went above $1200. In 2015 you could have gone in an inside for $499 and within the last 2 weeks for $349, crazy. Funny thing is that suite prices right now start at $2799 for and aft, a really good price.

• 4 weeks later...
Ontario, Canada high school and elementary school spring break too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spring Break in one or more of the Atlantic Provinces as well...PEI, NS, and NB are usually three weeks in succession of each other, but I can never remember which one is which.