Price went down before final payment Celebrity

plymouthcruiser

Final payment on two back to back cruises on Celebrity not due for a couple of days on the first segment and and over two weeks for the second. I just looked online and the prices for the cruise-- Exact same categories now cheaper-- by a significant amount ($750. And $875) for the room. Do I have to rebook new cruises, then cancel the first to get the cheaper price or will Celebrity adjust the price?

( if I rebook, will Celebrity allow me to change the rooms back to my original choices since I like them?). Does anyone have any experience with this situation on Celebrity?

If you booked through a TA, call them right away. You should be able to get the lower price since it is before Final Payment, and there should be no need to cancel/rebook. Some TA's charge a fee for this, however, so call and ask if yours does.

If you booked through Celebrity directly call and you should be able to get the price reduction but this has to be done before Final Payment date. Celebrity does not automatically adjust the price. You have to request it.

Final payment on two back to back cruises on Celebrity not due for a couple of days on the first segment and and over two weeks for the second. I just looked online and the prices for the cruise-- Exact same categories now cheaper-- by a significant amount ($750. And $875) for the room. Do I have to rebook new cruises, then cancel the first to get the cheaper price or will Celebrity adjust the price?

( if I rebook, will Celebrity allow me to change the rooms back to my original choices since I like them?). Does anyone have any experience with this situation on Celebrity?

Very easy if you booked directly with Celebrity.

Just call them and remain on the line until you get to speak with someone -- Don't leave a message and wait for somebody to call you back.

When they answer, they should adjust the price immediately and email you your guest copy of the updated invoice.

There is no charge for doing this and no re-booking or canceling or changing cabins involved (unless you just want to change your cabin).

If they do not mention that they are sending you the updated invoice, remind them to send it to you.

Then check both the new invoice and your reservation in your Celebrity account online, just to make sure the new adjusted prices are correct in both places.

If you used a travel agent, then you will need to contact your TA and ask them to make the price adjustment for you.

Also remind them to send you your guest copy of Celebrity's updated invoice (because Celebrity won't send it directly to you if you use a TA, and there are some TAs who won't send it to you at all unless you ask for it).

You won't be able to see the updated pricing in your Celebrity account online if you use a TA, so check to be sure that it is correct on the Celebrity invoice, not just on the travel agent's invoice, and keep them both.

Edited by varoo

Very easy if you booked directly with Celebrity.

Just call them and remain on the line until you get to speak with someone -- Don't leave a message and wait for somebody to call you back.

When they answer, they should adjust the price immediately and email you your guest copy of the updated invoice.

There is no charge for doing this and no re-booking or canceling or changing cabins involved (unless you just want to change your cabin).

If they do not mention that they are sending you the updated invoice, remind them to send it to you.

Then check both the new invoice and your reservation in your Celebrity account online, just to make sure the new adjusted prices are correct in both places.

If you used a travel agent, then you will need to contact your TA and ask them to make the price adjustment for you.

Also remind them to send you your guest copy of Celebrity's updated invoice (because Celebrity won't send it directly to you if you use a TA, and there are some TAs who won't send it to you at all unless you ask for it).

You won't be able to see the updated pricing in your Celebrity account online if you use a TA, so check to be sure that it is correct on the Celebrity invoice, not just on the travel agent's invoice, and keep them both.

This is all good advice with a couple of additions. If the price you have just seen is for new bookings only (Exciting deals, for example) your reservation won't qualify for a price drop. In this case you would have to cancel and rebook with a possible lose of cabin.

Second if your reservation contains any booking perks make sure that new prices includes the same price. You don't want to lose a bev pkg to save a hundred dollars.

Often Celebrity will offer a discounted rate that won't include the Go Big, Better Best Perks. Be sure to check on that.

The Oct 2016 promotion is 1 perk for Ocean View and above (Suites get all 4), and the a Buy One Get One 50% off fare.

They also might have a Senior or State Resident rate on your cruise that doesn't include any perks.

Be sure you understand what the new promotional perks are before you refare. If the net is in your favor then take the new pricing, if you come out better with the perks and previous pricing then stay with what you have.

If you can save $750 per room, but you give up one perk - $300 OBC, then you obviously come out ahead. If that $750 savings results in you giving up both a beverage package and the OBC, then you have to weigh how much you might spend on board with-out the beverage package and OBC vs the $750 savings.

• 11 months later...
I created a handy tool for evaluating the differences between fares without perks and the GBBB fares.

Here's a screenshot and link if you'd like to try it out....

CelebrityCruiseComparisonToolv2_zpszi2sdqup.png

Is this including taxes and port fees ( or does it matter)? Many travel agents quote give one complete fare for two people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this including taxes and port fees ( or does it matter)? Many travel agents quote give one complete fare for two people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It compares whatever prices you want to input. It does not calculate taxes and port fees, so I would compare the two prices with the same inclusions (meaning, if you include taxes and port fees in one, include them in the other, too). You enter the total fare for however many are sailing - not a per person price. Hope that helps!