Luminae and GF

robertmartha

Thinking of booking a Sky Suite on a sailing next year.

I see that Celebrity's main dining menu's note GF dishes -

has anyone who is GF dined in Luminae and if so what was your experience? Are some of the menu items GF (with guidance from wait staff)or do you need to go the route of ordering the prior day? Have been GF for health reasons for 2+ years so know the rules of the road and what to stay away from but some items are always questionable in terms of ingredients used. Or if you have dined in Blu (AQ class) was that a better experience in terms of accommodating GF?

Thank all!

Luminae will give you the most flexibility, especially if you're a bit adventurous. It's smaller, most foods are prepared / cooked to order, or can be. Anything on the MDR menu will available or prepared for you in Luminae. Blu may be tougher to get in Luminae, but you can dine there too. You can also give the chef some specific instructoins on what you can eat and like and let them at it, preparing special meals. We had some great Indonesian and Thai dishes the chef offered to prepare. They'll have the ingredients so this is the best bet if you ask me.

EDIT: and in Luminae, if you have an issue, you can actually ask to have a conversation with the chef directly. Unlikely to get this service in the MDR or Blu.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Hi,

I, too, eat gluten-free -- and have had excellent experience in Luminae -- once I let my waiter aware of my gluten-sensitivity, I was home-free. I was given special gf dinner breads (at no request) and many dishes offered on the lunch/evening menu were altered to accommodate my gluten-sensitivity.

I can't speak for Blu but I think you'll be quite pleased with Luminae.

Janell

Thank you all for the information and encouraging words / advice

Would you suggest "checking in" with the maitre de at Luninae upon boarding and advising of the GF request (would also note on reservation when made with celebrity/TA) verus upon arrival the first night - just so that they are aware? I tend to go with the flow so as long as there is some guidance in terms of ingredients I am always open to trying new dishes versus special requests.

Thanks for the feedback - these boards are always so helpful

BTW looking at a Europe sailing on Constellation

Thank you all for the information and encouraging words / advice

Would you suggest "checking in" with the maitre de at Luninae upon boarding and advising of the GF request (would also note on reservation when made with celebrity/TA) verus upon arrival the first night - just so that they are aware? I tend to go with the flow so as long as there is some guidance in terms of ingredients I am always open to trying new dishes versus special requests.

Thanks for the feedback - these boards are always so helpful

BTW looking at a Europe sailing on Constellation

I not only inform the Luminae Maitre’D of our dietary lifestyle/restrictions, but I also inform the Michael’s Club Concierge. When we dined in the Specialty Restaurants, we didn’t even have to tell the Maitre D’s about our diet, they knew!

Also, do not be hesitant to ask for any modifications of items presented in the menu. They are very accommodating.

Quite often when we feel we need to top up our meal with more veggies, we ask if we could have the veggies that are presented on the other (meat/fish) entrée dishes. We are then presented a beautiful platter of mixed vegetables to accompany our meal.

Heather