Beverage Package....

watergal

Was wondering about the beverage package as offered in their marketing scheme. In some, the beverage package includes all champagne, wine and beer during lunch and dinner. In the 'prestige package' it includes spirits, champagne, wine and beer....and there's the catch. 'Spirits.' If we would like a pre dinner cocktail or an after dinner specialty coffee, it's not included in the regular beverage package - the one we booked thinking it included everything regardless the name brands and confirmed with our 'agent.'

My question is: After speaking with Oceania, they tell me I can 'upgrade' when we're onboard. Even with the highest end vodka for a martini, it would appear our penchant for a martini before dinner is less expensive than upgrading.

Would really appreciate any and all input here.

1 martini...a regular which is a double will run you with tip over $20 a Glass of Schramsberg cham with also cost $20+ and an after dinner drink...each will run $12 to 26 depending

For you the package works...it isnt a "scheme" to defraud and cheat you...its a honest program on the up and up...no one is scheming on you....

Just to add to the reasons why my husband takes the "prestige" alcohol" package when sailing on most ships. He like a 'double" Rusty Nail cocktail before dinner, that is made with a double Johnnie Walker Black and a single Drambuie. Cost of that drink, a la carte, is $32 + gratuity, almost $40!

No Brainer for him!

Happy Cruising!

3 quick questions about the regular beverage package

.....if you are eating at WAVES any time while they are serving lunch will your glass of wine be included (thinking of a late lunch after coming back from tour) or is it just during the time lunch is served in the GDR or Terrace?

Second question - we will be in a penthouse and enjoy having dinner served in our room - is wine included in these meals?

3rd question - if you order lunch from room service is the glass of wine included?

We had the full beverage package last cruise and trying to decide, based on our drinking habits, if it is worth paying the upgrade on our next cruise. We drink only wine and so if all of the above are a "yes" than the regular beverage package will work just fine for us along with bottles of wine in our room to enjoy a glass on our balcony before/after dinner.

Thanks in advance....

We have cruised on O with the 'Classic" beverage package on several occasions. Waves will continue to serve you drinks until they close at 4pm. On a couple of sea days we enjoyed VERY long lunches there. The waiters at Waves will also typically top up your glass just before they are closing up.

You can get a glass of wine delivered to your room IF you also order food with it, and IF there is a dining venue onboard ship that is open at the time. So there is a hiatus between 4pm ( when Waves closes) and 6 pm (when the restaurants reopen for dinner) where wine sent to the room would be charged. I've never had a full room service dinner in my room, so don't know what they would do for second (or third...) glasses during the meal.

We have cruised on O with the 'Classic" beverage package on several occasions. Waves will continue to serve you drinks until they close at 4pm. On a couple of sea days we enjoyed VERY long lunches there. The waiters at Waves will also typically top up your glass just before they are closing up.

You can get a glass of wine delivered to your room IF you also order food with it, and IF there is a dining venue onboard ship that is open at the time. So there is a hiatus between 4pm ( when Waves closes) and 6 pm (when the restaurants reopen for dinner) where wine sent to the room would be charged. I've never had a full room service dinner in my room, so don't know what they would do for second (or third...) glasses during the meal.

I also think we need an interpretation of the policy on ordering room service and the policy on ordering wine/beer(regular beverage package) and when some one is on the premium package with the meal ordered. I think that I just wrote a "runon" sentence:).

Thanks everyone

A note of caution. on my last several cruises, some with 10 sea days, I observed that some folks at lunch and dinner....who were "stretching out" their lunch or dinner just for the wine...... were cut off after about an hour or so... They complained and the mater'd explained that they allow a reasonable time....you can not thus show up at opening and stay till closing and expect 3 hours of wine to flow. What was experienced by some is not the general rule and should not be relied on

I believe Jim and Stan also described this as well from their experience

By the way I have never had any delay in wine service including refills except in one or 2 cases...in the main dining room

Wow- does this mean if you have the premium package, you can have free drinks delivered to your room at any time?

Forgive my correction. but there is no "Premium" Package. The basic Package is known as "House Select" and the deluxe Package is known as "Prestige".

The House Select Package includes beer and wine in any Restaurant during luncheon and dinner meal times. Room Service lunches and dinners, taken in the cabin, are also included, but the meal must be ordered in tandem with the booze. Bar or Lounge service is specifically excluded from this Package.

The Prestige Package includes everything except the highest end Cognacs and most expensive single malts, anywhere on the ship, at any hour when any bar is open on the ship.

Cabin service is included, as is deck service and service in any bar or lounge.

Forgive my correction. but there is no "Premium" Package. The basic Package is known as "House Select" and the deluxe Package is known as "Prestige".

The House Select Package includes beer and wine in any Restaurant during luncheon and dinner meal times. Room Service lunches and dinners, taken in the cabin, are also included, but the meal must be ordered in tandem with the booze. Bar or Lounge service is specifically excluded from this Package.

The Prestige Package includes everything except the highest end Cognacs and most expensive single malts, anywhere on the ship, at any hour when any bar is open on the ship.

House select still include champagne?

Thanks for the info and that Cognac presentation you posted looks wonderful!

A bit more insight would be appreciated on the Cognac/single malt Scotch tiers if you don't mind.

-I imagine all 10 YO Scotch would be covered, generally in the $30-50 per 750ml price range.

-12-14 YO can be priced in the $50-70 per 750ml range. Are these included in the Prestige as well?

-16-18 YO are usually the $100+ range per 750ml. I imagine these are NOT covered in the Prestige. Do they surcharge you a difference or is it strictly ala carte?

I'm not as familiar with Cognac but I would expect similar price per ml segments to be included ($50 or less per 750ml).

Thanks for the info and that Cognac presentation you posted looks wonderful!

A bit more insight would be appreciated on the Cognac/single malt Scotch tiers if you don't mind.

-I imagine all 10 YO Scotch would be covered, generally in the $30-50 per 750ml price range.

-12-14 YO can be priced in the $50-70 per 750ml range. Are these included in the Prestige as well?

-16-18 YO are usually the $100+ range per 750ml. I imagine these are NOT covered in the Prestige. Do they surcharge you a difference or is it strictly ala carte?

I'm not as familiar with Cognac but I would expect similar price per ml segments to be included ($50 or less per 750ml).

You are approaching this far too analytically, ITGUY.

It is as simple as this:

Any item which is listed on the Bar Menu is included in the Prestige Package; anything that isn't is only served a la carte.

This is a link to the Bar menu:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1694/Waves-Bar-list.pdf

You are approaching this far too analytically, ITGUY.

It is as simple as this:

Any item which is listed on the Bar Menu is included in the Prestige Package; anything that isn't is only served a la carte.

This is a link to the Bar menu:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1694/Waves-Bar-list.pdf

Great thanks! That certainly makes it simple!