2 CPAP users Enchantment of the Seas (Plug Ins?)

jt58203

Currently booked in an inside cabin and both of us have a CPAP machine, so will need 2 110v plug ins. Has this happened to anybody before? Usually the 110v outlet in is near the desk, but where will the 2nd go?

I was just off a Princess ship with a non-CPAP user. Room Steward said that if we needed another outlet the 220 outlet that the bedside lamp was using could be used and that I would have to provide my own adapter. Just wondering if that would probably be the case on Enchantment.

You'll have 2 110v plugs in your room. Both by the desk. Should they be needed, the room steward can provide you with 2 extension cords.

Contact the RCI special needs department at 866-592-7225. Have all of your sailing info ready. They will arrange for the necessary extension cords AND distilled water to be in your cabin when you arrive.

Steve

Bring a European adapter. That will free up one outlet. Your cpap should be able to plug. Just make sure it can run on 220.

513XP3%2BZ9qL._SL1076_.jpg

On one cruise, when they brought the extension cord, they also provided an adapter, so you could ask on board as well, but I would bring one to be sure.

I always take an extension cord of my own just in case. That being said, the Cruise Line is happy to get you an extension cord. My ex and I both used CPAP on cruises. By the way, have a blast on your trip!!!💦

I bought 2x 15 ft "figure 8" wall cords. Replace your existing 4ft cord that came with your CPAP power brick with the 15ft one and voila, you no longer have to deal with the "extension cords are banned" issue.

Bring a European adapter. That will free up one outlet. Your cpap should be able to plug. Just make sure it can run on 220.

513XP3%2BZ9qL._SL1076_.jpg

On one cruise, when they brought the extension cord, they also provided an adapter, so you could ask on board as well, but I would bring one to be sure.

How the hell is that plug going to fit??? Its the size of my head.

Contact the RCI special needs department at 866-592-7225. Have all of your sailing info ready. They will arrange for the necessary extension cords AND distilled water to be in your cabin when you arrive.

Steve

I use a BIPAP machine which is similar to a CPAP and I have sailed on quite a few RCI ships but not Enchantment.

In my experience you are required to notify RCI special needs if you intend using a CPAP or BIPAP on board the ship. There is a form that needs to be completed as well. Apart from completing formalities the benefit is that they will be able to advise you on the practicalities.

Also based on my experience, the machines are often checked on board for suitability for use.

One word of caution. They might promise to have the room steward leave an extension lead in the room but it doesn't always happen so take your own.