Help!

If this is not allowed please forgive me.

I am going on my first Royal Caribbean cruise in November. I purchased 3 one hundred dollar gift certificates thru Smart rewards (verizon wireless). I was going to apply them to my cruise for onboard credits as a surprise to my other two roommates. I just found out that I can't used them for onboard credits and I also can't cancel and rebook because I am past the final payment window. I also can't use them because I did book through a travel agent. I have called Verizon and they will not take them back and I have also been on the phone for two hours with Royal Caribbean and they will not do anything for me. I am looking for any suggestions on how I can recoup my money. TIA

If this is not allowed please forgive me.

I am going on my first Royal Caribbean cruise in November. I purchased 3 one hundred dollar gift certificates thru Smart rewards (verizon wireless). I was going to apply them to my cruise for onboard credits as a surprise to my other two roommates. I just found out that I can't used them for onboard credits and I also can't cancel and rebook because I am past the final payment window. I also can't use them because I did book through a travel agent. I have called Verizon and they will not take them back and I have also been on the phone for two hours with Royal Caribbean and they will not do anything for me. I am looking for any suggestions on how I can recoup my money. TIA

Your only recourse is through Verizon......good luck. You need to go higher up the ladder with calmness and control. :)

I had a situation with a reward card my wife had through work. We couldnt use it onboard as an on board credit. We ended up using it ahead of time booking specialty dinner reservations, and a shore excursion. There was one dinner we ended up canceling on board amd the refund was given to use as an a credit to the room. Not sure if that will work in your situation or not.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Are the transferrable? If they are, you could sell them to someone, perhaps either at face value or the discounted price you paid.

Either way, you need to read the 'fine print' for everything you purchase.

But the best advice would be to book another cruise.