After 17 CCL cruises we get an upsell call

finoky

I can't figure out how they decide who to call.

I've been on 7 Carnival cruises and have gotten an upsell call for every one. People that I was travelling with (different booking #'s) on the same trip never received one.

The best offer was for my first Carnival 8 day cruise: $100 total to go from a Deck 8 balcony to a Grand Suite. I simply didn't know any better at the time.

The offers since haven't been that good but I get a call every time I book.

ENJOY!

I can't figure out how they decide who to call.

Supply and demand. As an example, if you have a cabin booked on the Riviera Deck and there are no more available and someone wants to book one, they will offer you a better cabin in hopes that they can sell another cabin.

Also, if the higher priced cabins aren't selling, they may offer you one in hopes that you will take it and then they try to sell the lower priced ones which are easier to sell.

We always book a balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck. The chances of us getting an upsell call are almost nil. Reason being that they are the higher priced cabins to begin with. Other than a suite or Spa cabins, there isn't many chances that we could get the call.

sgttami, how and where do you book your cruises? Travel agent, PVP, carnival.com?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I book online through Carnival's website. Sometimes I get a call within a week of booking and other times it's a few days before but I have gotten a call for every cruise I've booked.

My caller ID says "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES." I know to pick that call up...LOL

Supply and demand. As an example, if you have a cabin booked on the Riviera Deck and there are no more available and someone wants to book one, they will offer you a better cabin in hopes that they can sell another cabin.

Also, if the higher priced cabins aren't selling, they may offer you one in hopes that you will take it and then they try to sell the lower priced ones which are easier to sell.

We always book a balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck. The chances of us getting an upsell call are almost nil. Reason being that they are the higher priced cabins to begin with. Other than a suite or Spa cabins, there isn't many chances that we could get the call.

I usually book a Balcony, mid-ship, deck 8 because I like the location and like to pick my own cabin. That's why I'm surprised that I do get the call every time and it's always to "upsell" to some type of suite.