*Photo Review* Serenade of the Seas // New England & Canada 10/9/16

Our second port was Bar Harbor, ME on Tuesday 10/11/16. The excursion we chose was via Royal, Best of Acadia National Park and Cadillac Mountain departing at 10:00am. Cost:$125.75.

We both loved the scenery this port had to offer... I'm not a huge fan of bus rides so I enjoyed the multiple stops. I think Heather would have enjoyed more time at each stop because she is a lot more patient than me with taking photos. I don't like when there are SOOO many people scattered around each photo stop because you end up with people in your photos. I tend to just get aggravated if taking pictures becomes a challenge. I'm going to share mostly photos that don't have people in them, but it was a challenge! Bar Harbor is absolutely beautiful and I will be back!

Cadillac Mountain

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

On to the last segment of our excursion.... the lobstah bake! I must say, I was quite impressed with the fresh mussels. They also had a steak option for anyone who wasn't interested in lobster.

Bar Harbor Lobster Bakes

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My beautiful plate - they offered potatoes sand corn as well as sides of pickles and coleslaw. Like I said, the mussels were to die for - so fresh!!!

ry%3D400

Our next stop (three ports in a row) was Saint John, Nb (Bay Of Fundy).

We chose another Royal excursion --- St. Martins and The Bay of Fundy, departing at 09:30 A, total cost $89.75.

If you want some info on the reversing falls, check out the Wikipedia page.

We started by checking out the reversing falls a little after 930a.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The tour bus then took us a short distance to The Caves restaurant. We had a great lunch of seafood chowder.

ry%3D400

From the restaurant, you can walk out to the sea caves. It is a little dangerous if you don't have the right shoes. It's very rocky so the ground is unsteady.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We then headed back to the falls to see the difference between 930a and 330p.

Again, pictures do not do this justice. I took some videos, but I don't think the videos really do it justice. I was disappointed the excursion I wanted to do is no longer in business- it was a jetboat tour through the reversing falls (not this area near the paper mill, it's in another area)... I have friends who did this years ago and it was a THRILL that we didn't get to take part on. If you are interested in seeing a video on what I'm talking about check it out

Sidenote: Our bus also made a stop at a farmer's market, but I did not take any pictures or make any purchases. I know stops like this are not for everyone and I can honestly say, I would have preferred to be done with the day.

Here are a few shots of the reversing rapids around 330p...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Bringing this thread back up on the active page and hoping for more pictures of the cruise.

Thanks for always looking out for this review and making sure it stays on the active page! I managed to catch a cold and I haven't even turned on the laptop since the weekend! :(

I hope she comes back to finish up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for reading! I promise to complete this - it's just a very busy time of year! :D

I am so glad you did some more on your review. I sort of figured that "Life" got in the way on sitting in front of your computer and posting. I am looking forward to your Halifax portion of the cruise. Hope your cold is getting better and you can find some time to rest up. It certainly is a busy time of the year!!!!!

10/14/16: On to the last port... I must say, this was the port I was REALLY looking forward to. When I would share with friends where I was going, they would get really excited to hear "Nova Scotia" because there is a deep-rooted connection with south Louisiana.

We chose another Royal excursion for this port - we went with Peggy's Cove and Double Decker City Tour departing at 09:30 A, total cost $69.75.

We had a fantastic tour guide for the tour bus portion of this excursion. I also got a little car sick on the drive to Peggy's Cove. I didn't eat a lot for breakfast and then when we got to Peggy's Cove, I was afraid to eat because I was still "uneasy".

My only complaint about the beautiful setting of Peggy's Cove is that there are SOOOOOOOO MANY PEOPLE! It's a main attraction and definitely worth the trek to get there, but it's difficult to enjoy the atmosphere when there are crowds of people.

Either way it was beautiful, so here are some pictures of Ms. Peggy.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400