Restaurants and a jigsaw question

123linz123

Hi,

What is your favorite specialty restaurant?

And... I know this might sound a bit weird, but is there anywhere I can leave out a jigsaw puzzle?

Preferably with a view, not enclosed in a room.

Thanks

L

Favourite restaurant, Murano's.

Now re the jigsaw puzzle....can others join in?! The best place but no view would be the games room with a note attached saying 'belongs to...and please do not pack away'. With so many rooms being multifunctional I cannot really think of anywhere else.....Lounges and bars get busy at different times....We do have a folding jigsaw case but it would never occur to me to take on a cruise it would just take up too much room. Are there any jigsaw type games on the iPad? Hope someone else has better ideas than me!

Restaurant: It really depends on your tastes. And, as someone else asked, what ship you are on. What type of food do you enjoy? What type of atmosphere? That will help better answer your question.

Are you planning on leaving the puzzle when you disembark? If so you might inquire at Guest Relations, to see if it is possible to set it up and leave it for others to work on.

And... I know this might sound a bit weird, but is there anywhere I can leave out a jigsaw puzzle?

Thanks

L

L

On one TA since the introduction of Suite Class, someone started a jigsaw puzzle in Michael's Club. Most people spent a little time working on it.

Unfortunately, the young bar tender had never seen a jigsaw before and "tidied up" one morning. Putting it all back in the box. He was devastated when the point of a jigsaw was explained to him. It was not really an issue because the puzzle was just started again. It ws just finished as we reached the end of the cruise.

The point of my post is that I doubt that it would be safe to leave out a jigsaw in a more public space than Michael's Club because there will be some member of the crew who would think it needed to be tidied away.

Have you considered the library?

That is where they have tables with jigsaw puzzles on Holland America ships.

The crew members apparently know what they are and leave them alone.

HAL's beepers for the dining room reached up to the library, so we could go up there to work on a jigsaw puzzle, or read a magazine, or sit in a comfortable chair looking out at the sea, whenever we needed to wait to be called for dinner.

Celebrity's libraries are interior so they don't have great expansive views looking out to sea like the HAL libraries do.

But if you want to put a jigsaw puzzle in a public room with a view on a Celebrity ship, maybe they would let you put it on a table up in the sky lounge at the front of the ship.

In the UK, you can purchase jigsaw mats that roll up. You may find that easier to pack.

Will be able to do my jigsaw on the grand piano next cruise, have been wondering how to use your piano other than to place my box of chocolates on!!

I do like the idea of an ongoing jigsaw in Michael's Club!

Will be able to do my jigsaw on the grand piano next cruise, have been wondering how to use your piano other than to place my box of chocolates on!!

I do like the idea of an ongoing jigsaw in Michael's Club!

The jigsaw was great fun!

Next cruise the piano is going to be crowded. We are bringing a 144 chocolate box and with both Christmas and Anniversary cards, there will not be much room left. Luckily, we are back in the Caribbean because on some cruises we have also used the piano top for map of our itinerary - not really needed in the Caribbean.

On our TA this summer on the Serenade of the Seas, the cruise director stuff provided us with jigsaw puzzles on an extra table they put in the Schooner Bar. We completed two, for the third one the TA would have had to be a little longer. It probably won't hurt asking the crew.

Thanks for all of the replies, sorry I should have mentioned that I will be on the Eclipse.

The restaurant question, was merely to ask "your" favorites. Just curious.

Please don't bring your lego I think it might distract me from my jigsaw...LMAO!

Thanks again

Happy Cruising every one

Edited by 123linz123