Silver Wind Refurbishment??

Herman The Cat

Would love to see all the pictures of the Wind's refurbishment, and have read

that they are on Facebook. Help- I don't use Facebook, is there any other way in which I can see them please?

I do know that they were majoring on the Pool and Pool Deck, so hopefully the incessant leaks will have stopped. I think there was also going to be a new teak deck.

Hope one of you out that will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Would love to see all the pictures of the Wind's refurbishment, and have read

that they are on Facebook. Help- I don't use Facebook, is there any other way in which I can see them please?

I do know that they were majoring on the Pool and Pool Deck, so hopefully the incessant leaks will have stopped. I think there was also going to be a new teak deck.

Hope one of you out that will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Hi Echo

I don't use facebook either, but did create an account to view. Nothing has been added to the page that Wes posted earlier (that I can see anyway.)

Hopefully someone can oblige soon. I know they have changed the soft furnishings in the suites and new matress, but no news beyond that. I suspect anything major (like the bathroom refit they had mentioned previously) hasn't been done. We live in hope though.

My next is 120 days away.... I just booked La Terrazza for the San Juan sailaway! (LOL - that's what I can advance planning!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from back to back cruise on the Wind from Rome December 8th to Barcelona and Barcelona Dec 15th to Ft. Lauderdale.

First the TVs were not interactive like that on other ships. Second the 3 movies daily were terrible and were show ever two hours. Third the selection of movies was terrible and keeping in mind that the first leg of the cruise was only 7 days so one puts up with what is available, BUT the same movies for the next 17 days was very poor.

Yes they have DVDs in each suite and yes they have lots of titles to choose from, BUT the selection has not been updated in I would say at least 6 months.

One does have a selection of titles on laptops or other internet connected viewers, but Silversea is advertising interactive TVs.

I would also like to mention that the Sat channels left lots to be desired. On the first leg we had CNN, BBC and CNBC. There was also a world news channel in different languages on I believe 6 channels.

On the second leg which was a transatlantic crossing we had I believe 6 days without any news channels and I was told that there was no coverage. I've taken other transatlantic cruises and never had the problem. When we arrived in Puerto Rico we then received a news channel from Japan and one from France plus 2 ESPN channels. When questioned the crew responded that they could not receive other channels.

Silversea has some explaining to do in my opinion.

I just returned from back to back cruise on the Wind from Rome December 8th to Barcelona and Barcelona Dec 15th to Ft. Lauderdale.

First the TVs were not interactive like that on other ships. Second the 3 movies daily were terrible and were show ever two hours. Third the selection of movies was terrible and keeping in mind that the first leg of the cruise was only 7 days so one puts up with what is available, BUT the same movies for the next 17 days was very poor.

Yes they have DVDs in each suite and yes they have lots of titles to choose from, BUT the selection has not been updated in I would say at least 6 months.

One does have a selection of titles on laptops or other internet connected viewers, but Silversea is advertising interactive TVs.

I would also like to mention that the Sat channels left lots to be desired. On the first leg we had CNN, BBC and CNBC. There was also a world news channel in different languages on I believe 6 channels.

On the second leg which was a transatlantic crossing we had I believe 6 days without any news channels and I was told that there was no coverage. I've taken other transatlantic cruises and never had the problem. When we arrived in Puerto Rico we then received a news channel from Japan and one from France plus 2 ESPN channels. When questioned the crew responded that they could not receive other channels.

Silversea has some explaining to do in my opinion.

Sounds very disappointing given the fanfare upgrade claims?

I know there was limited dry dock time, so some of the hopes that would happen, wasnt feasible, but I'd certainly expect if they are going to claim multimedia Interactive TVs, then thats what you'd get.

Was this the same for everyone?

I was on the TA and the internet worked great all the way across the pond. They had a lot of DVDs in the library( @ 300 ), but I didn't watch any. That's not what cruising is for IMHO. We like to be out and about socializing. I don't blame SS for the lack of news coverage across the pond. IMHO it's a problem with MTN and their bandwidth. As far as we're concerned, the ship looked great and the crew did a fantastic job of cleaning everything up after the refurb. No complaints here at all!

I was on the TA and the internet worked great all the way across the pond. They had a lot of DVDs in the library( @ 300 ), but I didn't watch any. That's not what cruising is for IMHO. We like to be out and about socializing. I don't blame SS for the lack of news coverage across the pond. IMHO it's a problem with MTN and their bandwidth. As far as we're concerned, the ship looked great and the crew did a fantastic job of cleaning everything up after the refurb. No complaints here at all!

Generally agree Doug, he does have a point about the movies though, they are still the same on the current cruise. If movies and news float your boat, then best to bring your own.:D