Live Review on Liberty w/ Pre & Post Cruise Adventures w/ a Toddler

cj_one2000

Now on to get lunch and to the aquarium. My daughter loves fish. Despite her cold she is doing well. Can't say the same for potty training.

Today is also my hubby's birthday so we will have fun as the other 20 people in our group arrive at the Residence Inn. More good stuff to come!"

aebccaea5352eccd540cce64b6fade64.jpg

f3b99852a4f6bf0bb8340b3a7a5057a9.jpg

I left my phone in the backpack but I got these from hubby's phone. This is a small aquarium and it was crowded. We didn't pay extra to do rides or games. Our plan to have lunch there didn't work; there was a 45 minute wait for a table and the kids were hungry. We left and went to a food court at a mall near our hotel.

One of our boys lost my hubbys nice DSLR camera, waiting to hear if it got left at Kemah or Saltgrass. We didn't realize until this morning. On my hubby's birthday. Oy. Looks like hubby will be getting a new camera.

We ran out of time to find it since our rental car had to be back at the airport by 5:00. Life happens even when on vacation! Hubby is being a good sport although I know he's just cringing inside since the lens and camera is about $2k. Ugh.

The pool at our hotel has maintenance issues so across the parking lot is the Courtyard by Marriott. They our letting us use their pool. Kids are happy!

d6e04e1da7aded6a07bb7be1af6bf35f.jpg

6b7cc9abb09d5871a3fb211b759d727d.jpg

Yes, that is a donut inner tube [emoji16][emoji106]

Tonight we celebrated my hubby's birthday at the hotel with Texas BBQ (catered by Hickory Hollow) and mini cupcakes. The surprise was a Frickin' Chicken singing telegram and birthday comedy appearance. My hubby had no idea this was going to happen and it was fun surprising him.

b083861800ce25c77409ebbc57ceb7c1.jpg

bfea1c567c20bae132b1d25631f99760.jpg

67068e2df35a75d709bc96f4437b75d6.jpg

Embarkation is tomorrow morning! Our group has a chartered private shuttle to Galveston. With 25 of us, it's going to be a bit crazy but a lot of fun!

Sorry to hear that :( Hope she gets over it quickly so she can enjoy all that the cruise has in store! My daughter was and is the opposite when she's not feeling well. I swear we don't over-medicate her but she asks for medication more often than we think she should. DW and I sometimes give her a placebo like a Tic Tac :rolleyes:

Thank you for the sympathy. She's pretty congested but at age 2 there's not a lot we can give her to help with symptoms anyway. That's hilarious about the Tic Tac trick. Smart parenting!!

Have great fun on your cruise with your family! Our daughter Ashlee and boyfriend Chuck are in a suite as well on deck 10. If you run into them, they are great fun! They met on the Carnival Valor 3 years ago!

Happy sailing!:)

Oh nice! I did meet a few people in the suite lounge but they were on suites on deck 9. They were older couples from England. The suite life is fun!

Internet is slow so posting takes a while. I'm glad we caught the $8.99 per day internet, the Voom is sad, Hubby is a techie and laughed at the speed when he tested it from his phone. Oh well.

We had dinner at the 5:30 and we didn't get done until 7:45. It took my son over an hour to get a coke. We've always had pretty good service but for our section of 25 family in our group it was the slowest service in the MDR we ever experienced.

We were pretty exhausted and our daughter fell asleep in her own at 8:45. She for some reason does not like the whole milk they have in the small cartons as she usually has a cup before bedtime. I don't know how she's going to last all week but she seemed to be okay with water.

She's in a pack and play with a comforter on the bottom as RCI does not provide fitted sheets for the pack and play. Something about safety and such. Our daughter is 2.5 so she loved the fluffy bed. Infants not so much, it's a hazard. We have her in the living room set up in the corner (she's watching a movie right now). Hubby put her baby monitor camera up on the cabinet door so we could keep tabs on her from our bedroom. No issues with reception, it's a nice monitor system so that could be why.

Space is great though!

20d12f52fd93683a34f8ba10e79162d0.jpg

Hallway. Boys room is on the right. Spacious closet with the safe.

78f0ebd5f1e3723895537998e9a6160c.jpg

6f8dfb0fad1ed9dfa28d0810982d8289.jpg

0767db0fb979d063f8dcf0a30402292a.jpg

Living room with a view! [emoji7]

ce253c6ec2922bae545dd6d51c71114f.jpg

My parents are in the adjoining balcony room so we had the stateroom attendant unlock the door between our rooms. It's a little funny because their be is literally right there when you open the door.

fea59d863836a61f19fc1ed48756d708.jpg

More of the living room...

9ba58306f00c11efdb82ceab23a4af72.jpg

And the master bedroom:

5fc7f69f129fa9a4ad010f9a1940dc3a.jpg

bed4dca70fcb33acf942a39bcaf67069.jpg

Living room with a view! [emoji7]

ce253c6ec2922bae545dd6d51c71114f.jpg

My parents are in the adjoining balcony room so we had the stateroom attendant unlock the door between our rooms. It's a little funny because their be is literally right there when you open the door.

fea59d863836a61f19fc1ed48756d708.jpg

More of the living room...

9ba58306f00c11efdb82ceab23a4af72.jpg

And the master bedroom:

5fc7f69f129fa9a4ad010f9a1940dc3a.jpg

bed4dca70fcb33acf942a39bcaf67069.jpg

I love the pics! I've never seen a cabin that huge before! The largest I've ever had was a balcony cabin, but usually book only inside cabins (most cost effective for my retirement budget)

Thanks for taking the time to post! We have a family of 15 going on Nov. 27th. Hoping to pick up some tips for travelling in such a large group :D

Oh I'll have notes and feedback at the end. [emoji4] thanks for following the thread! Group travel (being the organizer) is new for me.

I love the pics! I've never seen a cabin that huge before! The largest I've ever had was a balcony cabin, but usually book only inside cabins (most cost effective for my retirement budget)

We got an amazing deal between group and the BOGO offer. It would have been not in our budget but it happened to work out since we also booked 18 months out.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them. We have the same Sesame Street fold-up potty seat ;) (though we don't need it any more for DD).

I'm jealous of the family suite. I haven't yet been able to get any family/friends to go along with us on a cruise to make it more cost-effective and fun.

Looks a bit overcast, I hope you reach sunny skies soon!

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them. We have the same Sesame Street fold-up potty seat ;) (though we don't need it any more for DD).

I'm jealous of the family suite. I haven't yet been able to get any family/friends to go along with us on a cruise to make it more cost-effective and fun.

Looks a bit overcast, I hope you reach sunny skies soon!

She doesn't use public restrooms (they scare her) but the fold up potty seat is working great for hotel and state rooms.

It's windy and overcast today but captain said it'll be sunny and hot tomorrow. Hope that's true! [emoji51]

Family suite is working out great and Hubby and I got privacy, we need it [emoji6] the boys love having their own space and bathroom.

Edited by cj_one2000