Live Review on Liberty w/ Pre & Post Cruise Adventures w/ a Toddler

cj_one2000

Good morning from Alaska! We're boarding our flight to Houston shortly. Hubby, myself, two teen boys and a 2-year-old. Wish me luck [emoji4]

e5c128f9059b80302e63625d75e5921b.jpg

We are doing three days in Houston before heading to Galveston with 20 other family members for a family reunion aboard Liberty of the Seas. In Houston we will visit NASA Space Center, Houston Zoo, Kemah, and the Aquarium. My hubby will be celebrating his birthday on Saturday so I have a few surprises to come! [emoji16]

Post-cruise we will stay in Houston and sightsee maybe a little more before heading home. We have been planning this trip for 18 months and super excited to take our toddler on her first cruise. We're also excited as it's our first suite experience. We have a Royal Family Suite [emoji106]

I will do my best to update and answer questions as we go. We did get the surf + stream package but not expecting zoom speeds so the bar isn't set high [emoji39]

Oh boy. Can't wait to virtually join you. ;) Looking forward to hearing all about it. Do check out the suite lounge - there's a lovely outside area too. If your teens play basketball, you can watch them from there.

We definitely will check out the suite lounge. Every night [emoji16][emoji170]

Had our first night stay at Residence Inn at Greenspoint near the airport. Enjoyed a quick hot breakfast and then made a stop at a WalGreens to pick up throat/cough lollipops for my daughter. She caught a cold from school several days ago [emoji20] hoping she feels better by Sunday for the cruise.

Now we're at NASA!

907175b500b12e8ccd72390e630391ef.jpg

1fe68b4387d2f4f11b54fe27a6476f59.jpg

348f3a40e5ace733b1781d2155d95f11.jpg

Wow! Long day for you and your family! I am looking forward to your review of the ship and the port. I am always looking for new ports to sail out of!

It was but it's worth it! We love to travel and see new places. We haven't sailed out of Galveston yet so this is new to us [emoji4]

Good luck!! Looking forward to following along and hearing about the Space Center (oh yeah, and the cruise ;)).

DW and I brought DD along for her first cruise when she was 2. I wonder if she will turn out to be a life-long cruiser as she gets older...start 'em when they're young?? :) From your cruise history it seems like you may have done that with the boys as well...

More of NASA! Great place for all ages and includes a tour of the Johnson Space Center.

Thanks for the photos! Just wondering if you have been to the Kennedy Space Center before? I'm curious as to how they compare. I'm pondering a post-cruise visit to see Johnson but not sure if it's "worth it" as I've already been to Kennedy a few times (I'm a fan and am interested, but not a super-huge space nerd, so I don't necessarily feel obligated to "see it all").