Little French Key SAfety?

lov2sun

We were there 2 weeks ago. We didn't see any sand flies and felt 100% safe the entire time. As a matter of fact, I think that is now my favorite port because of that place. It was beautiful and very relaxing. If I had to find a complaint I would say it was the food that came with the package. No one in our group cared for it. Next time I will just order something different from the menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were there 2 weeks ago. We didn't see any sand flies and felt 100% safe the entire time. As a matter of fact, I think that is now my favorite port because of that place. It was beautiful and very relaxing. If I had to find a complaint I would say it was the food that came with the package. No one in our group cared for it. Next time I will just order something different from the menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last time I checked the basic package without lunch had disappeared.

Is it actually still available at the ticket booth, or can you get an allowance towards some other food? If not, seems to defeat the object of providing alternative dining venues.

Last time I checked the basic package without lunch had disappeared.

Is it actually still available at the ticket booth, or can you get an allowance towards some other food? If not, seems to defeat the object of providing alternative dining venues.

I'm really not sure if it can be ordered at the ticket booth or not. But I did notice people eating other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
I read one TA review that said you can pay with cash or card when you get there. (Also asking for additional drinks when you are there, etc.) For those that have been there, can you confirm this? I do not feel safe bringing that much cash around with me in port. I didn't see anything on their website that would confirm this. It should be one of their FAQs!! TIA.

You can use cash or card, but there is a hefty surcharge if you use a card.

Regarding the VIP, don't do it. The day will leave you stressed with so many activities to be at. You are taken up some stairs by a bar and can lounge in that area but not with a "dedicated" server hanging around, your items are not secure and you do share with others. Our server was all over the island as they were short staffed and we had to wait several times. They had just 3 horses so our party of 5 could not ride together. Snorkeling the day we were there was down right dangerous and massages are when they can get you in so if your trying to relax you either go when they are ready or forfeit it. The upstairs area did not amount to much compared to other great areas of the island so not worth the money. The fly jet thing wasn't available when we were there.The island is beautiful, food ok and drinks pretty good. Pay as you go is recommended.

Regarding the VIP, don't do it. The day will leave you stressed with so many activities to be at. You are taken up some stairs by a bar and can lounge in that area but not with a "dedicated" server hanging around, your items are not secure and you do share with others. Our server was all over the island as they were short staffed and we had to wait several times. They had just 3 horses so our party of 5 could not ride together. Snorkeling the day we were there was down right dangerous and massages are when they can get you in so if your trying to relax you either go when they are ready or forfeit it. The upstairs area did not amount to much compared to other great areas of the island so not worth the money. The fly jet thing wasn't available when we were there.The island is beautiful, food ok and drinks pretty good. Pay as you go is recommended.

I would agree with this. You won't have time for everything. We did the snorkel trip on the boat and this ate up a lot of time. Next time we would skip this and enjoy the island a bit more.

I would agree with this. You won't have time for everything. We did the snorkel trip on the boat and this ate up a lot of time. Next time we would skip this and enjoy the island a bit more.

Thank you both for this information. While I know my dh and I wouldn't do the VIP (along with our kids and their friends, mid and low 20s), my sister's family may have opted to do the VIP since their kids are younger, three boys and need to be active they are ages 10-13. She is not a planner so something like VIP would just be good for her since she won't have to think, just pay and be told what's next. I think I am going to tell her choose one thing for the boys to do if she wants, pay for it and then hang out rest of the day. I really appreciate your both giving your insights, this really helped me (well, my sister LOL).

Thank you.

Thank you both for this information. While I know my dh and I wouldn't do the VIP (along with our kids and their friends, mid and low 20s), my sister's family may have opted to do the VIP since their kids are younger, three boys and need to be active they are ages 10-13. She is not a planner so something like VIP would just be good for her since she won't have to think, just pay and be told what's next. I think I am going to tell her choose one thing for the boys to do if she wants, pay for it and then hang out rest of the day. I really appreciate your both giving your insights, this really helped me (well, my sister LOL).

Thank you.

Oh also one thing to add. My very active daughter (11) LOVED jumping off the platform into the ocean. She made a friend and they did this over and over again. She probably would have stayed there for hours if I didn't make her do the snorkeling boat and eat lunch [emoji5] this was a big draw for the kids (and some adults).

Thank you, this was very helpful. I was debating the VIP package but wondered if it was too much to try and fit into one day. I think I will pick a lighter package and enjoy the beach more. Thanks again!