Party Poppers

KrUzTaLkEr

Hey who brought party poppers on the ship...i didnt even think of this until i read a post about having a hard time bringing them through airport security....so how have people gotton them on the ship...do u buy them when ur in ur port city? or is it possible to get them through airport security...and if not is it possible to get them through the ship security...obviously ppl have i just want to know how strict they are and how u get them on w/ no troubles...Thank ahead of time!

Hi Beth. Although everyone likes to have a great time, I wonder why anyone would want to sneak a banned item onto a cruise ship? If security doesn't allow it, it's probably not a good idea.

Think about it this way: Can you imagine some OLD person having a heart attack after hearing one of those things pop-pop-pop and thinking it's a gunshot? Party on - without the poppers.:)

ok first off it's not banned....i've seen ppl have them on deck...and second off they rnt that loud...it's the things that shoot confettie out..i just was wonderign if they give u a problem or not...weather i shoudl bring them or not...got it? i heard airport security dont allow them...i aws just wondering about the ship security...ok so dont give me ur mommy/daddy lecture on whats right and what's wrong...it was a simple question

I believe those "things that shoot confetti out" are banned because of ecological reasons. All of that paper is not good for the fishies and birdies. Honey, no one wants to be your mommy or daddy. If you ask a question, you have to be prepared for an opinion with it. That's life; take the good with the bad.

Beth, I wasn't trying to lecture. The first thing that came to mind was the poppers that kids have (or used to have) at parties, and they do make quite a bit of noise. I didn't know you were talking about the confetti poppers. And yes, Kitty is right, those would be an ecological problem. Sorry you took my post the wrong way. BTW, cute picture! You look like a fun girl, and I hope you have a great cruise.

ok first off it's not banned....i've seen ppl have them on deck...
Just because people have them does not mean they are not technically banned. It simply means that Carnival security is once again failing to properly do their job, as usual.

how about those little party bubbles (like they have at weddings). our group did that 2 cruises ago and had no problems. you can get these at party stores.no mess and everybody acted like a bunch of kids.we even had other people asking for them. just an idea ,amelia

Beth, I wasn't trying to lecture. The first thing that came to mind was the poppers that kids have (or used to have) at parties, and they do make quite a bit of noise. I didn't know you were talking about the confetti poppers. And yes, Kitty is right, those would be an ecological problem. Sorry you took my post the wrong way. BTW, cute picture! You look like a fun girl, and I hope you have a great cruise.

sry about the misunderstanding msblue...yeah i think i know what ur talkign about with the popping things....and thanks about the pic comment...i wish it waznt fuzzy but o well and thanks i'll have a great cruise poppers or no poppers...lol

how about those little party bubbles (like they have at weddings). our group did that 2 cruises ago and had no problems. you can get these at party stores.no mess and everybody acted like a bunch of kids.we even had other people asking for them. just an idea ,amelia
We were actually stopped, pulled over and our bags searched while heading to a Disney cruise with the bubbles. I had three bottles of the small cylinder type all lined up in a pocket of my carry-on. The TSA thought they could be small dynamite...bombs! :eek:

I have asked our PVP at Carnival about the confetti poppers and they are not banned by Carnival. The confetti is biodegradable and the crew uses them for New Years parties. I had asked about these on another thread and someone had mentioned that there may be a problem with airport security. Because of that, I guess we're bringing leftover bubbles from our wedding.

Yes CruiseFuse i also emailed carnival due to some peoples thinking they were banned...this is my resonse....

Dear Beth,

Thank you for your e-mail. As per your request, we contacted security on board and you are allowed to bring the party poppers. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Kind regards,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Group Sales Department

http://www.carnival.com

So my gues is i'll just buy them down in miami because we are goign down a day early! Wahoo Party Poppers are still a GO!!!

Archived