Recent day pass price for Melia?

christinalvt

We went last week. I do not recommend it at all. The water there is really rough. The pools are nice, but dirty. Lifeguards are pretty much just taking up space if that matters (we did, brought kids). What did me in was the bathhouse/shower facility was closed. I would have just went to Junkanoo if I had known that! We felt it was a total waste of $$ ($33.25 per adult with a discount from the day pass website).

Don't even think about eating or drinking there. DH got one tiny beer for $8.50 plus tip. I tried the Starbucks and it was $6 for a tall.

We did have fun on the #10 on the way there. Got to see the police station and have drop off service at the Melia after we were in a fender bender.

The Daquiri shack is worth the trip, and the straw market is much less aggressive with actual local craftspeople. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went last week. I do not recommend it at all. The water there is really rough. The pools are nice, but dirty. Lifeguards are pretty much just taking up space if that matters (we did, brought kids). What did me in was the bathhouse/shower facility was closed. I would have just went to Junkanoo if I had known that! We felt it was a total waste of $$ ($33.25 per adult with a discount from the day pass website).

Don't even think about eating or drinking there. DH got one tiny beer for $8.50 plus tip. I tried the Starbucks and it was $6 for a tall.

We did have fun on the #10 on the way there. Got to see the police station and have drop off service at the Melia after we were in a fender bender.

The Daquiri shack is worth the trip, and the straw market is much less aggressive with actual local craftspeople. [emoji6]

I wonder if it was storm related? Unlike cabbage beach, the water there is usually really calm (which my kids really complained about, they love our jersey shore pounding waves), the pools clean, and the bathhouse open. Maybe some Matthew issues?

Might be Matthew. It just seemed really rough and disappointing. If I ever book a day pass again I will call the resort and check on the bathrooms! [emoji6][emoji4] we are used to Jersey and DE beaches so it was pretty rough.

• 1 month later...