Hyatt Place or Hyatt Regency Pier 66

slotmomma3

I have reservations at both hotels for 1 night pre cruise in April. I got the same rate for both. I would love to hear pros and cons of both. I have to cancel one.

Hyatt Place serves breakfast and has free parking. Hyatt Place is located right in front of the Harbor Shops where you can find Total Wine, Publix Grocery Store and a dozen or so restaurants.

Personally, though, I would not stay at either.

They are two totally different types of hotels.

All the rooms at Place are the same. Pier 66 has a variety of rooms, views and at different rates. You are probably getting a standard room if the rate matches the Place rate.

Pier is more a resort style. Place has few amenities.

By booking Place on valuetrips.com, you get a great rate. A good moderate value with shuttle service from the airport and breakfast included.

You just have to decide what kind of experience you are looking for.

Compare recent reviews on tripadvisor.com too.

Edited by eandj

Hyatt Place serves breakfast and has free parking. Hyatt Place is located right in front of the Harbor Shops where you can find Total Wine, Publix Grocery Store and a dozen or so restaurants.

Personally, though, I would not stay at either.

According to the Hyatt site, Hyatt Place on 17th does charge for parking ($7/day). It's not as much as Hyatt Pier 66 ($25+/day) but they do charge.

For the OP, I've stayed at the Hyatt Place on 17th pre-cruise and it was fine. It's not a full-service hotel but, as my husband says, full service rarely means free service. The breakfast was fine, the rooms were clean, and it was in a nice, walkable area if you didn't have a car.

Hyatt Pier 66 has better views and higher end finishes. Breakfast isn't free unless you buy a package or have the highest status in their frequent stay program. The views from the tower rooms can be quite nice and the pool area is definitely more reminiscent of a resort. It's definitely more of a walk to shopping but isn't too far from the same areas that the Hyatt Place abuts.

For me, the hotel I'd choose would be highly dependent on how much time I had to appreciate the amenities. If I'm getting in late or don't care about the pool and such, I'd pick the Hyatt Place. DH tends to appreciate a free breakfast more than high end finishes so the Hyatt Place meets his needs. If we were staying a longer duration or got in early and weren't in a rush to board the ship the next morning, I'd lean more towards the Pier 66.

When you stay at the Hyatt Pier 66, you know you are in South Florida. When you stay at the Hyatt Place, you might as well be in Cleveland or Rochester or some place like that!

For me it would depend on how much for how many hours. If they aren't arriving until 8:00-9:00 PM I would not waste money on a hotel that is close to the water just because it's close to the water. In a few hours you'll be on a ship that surrounded by water.

Edited by Lido_Deck

We have stayed at Pier 66 several times. Our last stay we noticed a huge decline...and then found out that as of January, it will no be longer a Hyatt property as it has been sold.

That said, the grounds are lovely, the pools are nice, palm trees everywhere, you can walk to a nice restaurant on the water for dinner (Pelican's Landing) and the views are great. If you book definitely ask for a renovated room, as the marina view rooms are dated and tired.

Edited to add: It's a $20, five minute cab ride to port. And if you stay there be sure to go to the top of the tower for some great views of the port and ships leaving.

Edited by micmacmissy

Where did you hear that the Pier 66 has been sold?

If you go to their website, they are taking reservations under the Hyatt name after January AND we have reservations for February that are confirmed

I believe I heard it right here on these boards! There was a discussion awhile back- you could probably do a thread search if you're really interested. If I recall, the property has been on the market for awhile now- there was some talk of turning it into condos or reselling as a hotel.