Anchorage restaurant question

the cruise is on

For dining I suggest---The Marx Brothers Cafe on 3rd Avenue almost across the street diagonally from the Anchorage Hilton-----Kincaid Grill owned and operated by Chef Al at 6700 Jewel Lake Rd.-------Villa Nova 5121 Arctic and International Airport Road. The first two are gourmet restaurants and two of the finest if not the best in all Alaska. Villa Nova is Greek/Italian and ran by a fellow named George. Some time back George sold out and the new owners didn't live up to his previous reputation. George took it back a couple of years ago and it is now one of the best again. Another excellent Italian place is right down town on 5th called Orsos. Orsos is next to and owned by the Glacier Brewhouse which is also one of the prefered eating establishments in Anchorage (Our son and his wife find this their favorite and I didn't realize how good it was until just a few weeks back). For steaks try, The Club Paris, also on 5th avenue or the Pepper Mill 4101 Credit Union Dr. off of C Street. Make reservations very early for Club Paris or Orsos as they are extremely popular with the visitor crowd and often sold out for the evening.

I will be in Anchorage May 21-22 prior to a cruise and will be at the C.Cook Hotel. I would hate to leave Alaska without getting some good local seafood. A freind told me Humpy's is a great beer hall but how is the local seafood and are there some alternatives near the Cook (walking distance)

You all are unfortunately a little further from the middle of downtown and all the restaurants that have been mentioned so far. Basically across the street there is a great place for breakfast or lunch - Kodiak Kafe. Also, the musem has an excellent Cafe for lunch - Marx Bros Cafe, which is actually catered by the Marx Bros restaurant but lunch will be much cheaper.

Actually the others aren't that far of a walk or probably a pretty cheap cab ride.

Here's a link to our Visitor's Bureau and some dining sites http://www.anchorage.net/671.cfm and then here's the link to Simon's menus http://www.r-u-i.com/sim/menu.php

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived