Upgrading from old Select Beverage Package

Hello,

Has anyone recently upgraded their select beverage package (beer & wine) to the new deluxe beverage package? Saw some communications after the package changes in September 2016 that you could upgrade for $10 per day plus 18% service fee, however, I just spoke with Royal and they told me it would cost the full difference in price between in the two packages. (meaning what I paid originally for select to the current deluxe pricing)

Interested to know if people are successful in getting the special $10/day price for the upgrade once onboard today.

Thanks

You will likely get a different answer on board the ship from a land based CSR - people have upgraded for the price difference instead of full price. The other option (which could be even cheaper) is to buy the drinks individually on the Select package and be charged above the $8 limit.

Hello,

Has anyone recently upgraded their select beverage package (beer & wine) to the new deluxe beverage package? Saw some communications after the package changes in September 2016 that you could upgrade for $10 per day plus 18% service fee, however, I just spoke with Royal and they told me it would cost the full difference in price between in the two packages. (meaning what I paid originally for select to the current deluxe pricing)

Interested to know if people are successful in getting the special $10/day price for the upgrade once onboard today.

Thanks

I have an email stating I can upgrade for $10 + Gratuity which I will take with me in March.

Not sure if this is just for us who had the free Select package and have now lost the opportunity to upgrade to the premium package.

I'm thinking that Royal only communicated the $10 per day offer to those that received the select package as part of their reservation. Has anyone that paid for the select package also been given the reduced upgrade fee. So far, I've been told twice that the cost to upgrade onboard will be more like $16 per day plus 18%.

I paid for the select package in advance (it was not a freebie with my booking). I have since received the email saying I could upgrade for $10 +18% per day onboard. I am planning to upgrade and I will be sailing this Saturday. I will report back to let you know if I have any issues. I have the email with the $10 offer printed.

I have an email stating I can upgrade for $10 + Gratuity which I will take with me in March.

Not sure if this is just for us who had the free Select package and have now lost the opportunity to upgrade to the premium package.

Same for me too - that email will be clutched in my hand when I board Adventure next September!

Hello fellow Scousers by the way!

Mim

I paid for the select package in advance (it was not a freebie with my booking). I have since received the email saying I could upgrade for $10 +18% per day onboard. I am planning to upgrade and I will be sailing this Saturday. I will report back to let you know if I have any issues. I have the email with the $10 offer printed.

We are also sailing FOS this Saturday and I too will have my printed email.

We're on Anthem now and my brother had booked the select package when they had the sale promotions, months ago. Once on board this week, he decided to upgrade to the Deluxe package on the second day and was charged $10 per day for the remaining 6 days plus gratuity. He did not have a letter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will likely get a different answer on board the ship from a land based CSR - people have upgraded for the price difference instead of full price. The other option (which could be even cheaper) is to buy the drinks individually on the Select package and be charged above the $8 limit.

Is this correct? My father bought the select cause he mostly a beer drinker, but he occasionally likes a margarita. So he would just have to pay the difference between $8 and the price of the margarita?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this correct? My father bought the select cause he mostly a beer drinker, but he occasionally likes a margarita. So he would just have to pay the difference between $8 and the price of the margarita?

No, the Select package does not give any credit for cocktails. Anyone with a Select package that orders a cocktail would pay full price.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Quick question, did you all receive your emails automatically from Royal Caribbean or did you have to email them to get a confirmation email? We sail in 8 weeks and would like to upgrade our free Select package. If they were automatic emails how far in advance did you receive them? Ok so that was 2 questions 😄

Thanks

Pam

Hi

Quick question, did you all receive your emails automatically from Royal Caribbean or did you have to email them to get a confirmation email? We sail in 8 weeks and would like to upgrade our free Select package. If they were automatic emails how far in advance did you receive them? Ok so that was 2 questions 😄

Thanks

Pam

I Had to email RCCI at: crownanchor.uk@rccl.com

I will let you know what happens next week.