Upgrade from valor to liberty

laurenfl15

We were taking the valor out of port canaveral next march. As everyone knows, they changed the ship to the liberty.

We previously had an aft extended balcony but got ungraded to a junior suite with the switch.

I'm pretty thrilled.. sucks losing the extended balcony but I've never had a suite. What would your thoughts be? Any pros/cons Im missing?

Edited by laurenfl15

We were taking the valor out of port canaveral next march. As everyone knows, they changed the ship to the liberty.

We previously had an aft extended balcony but got ungraded to a junior suite with the switch.

I'm pretty thrilled.. sucks losing the extended balcony but I've never had a suite. What would your thoughts be? Any pros/cons Im missing?

Not a bad upgrade.

We had the same thing happen for our Feb cruise. But got the same room. LOL so a good upgrade for you.

We had an Suite on Holland America and LOVED it. That was an 11 day cruise and our Anniversary. But love the bigger room, balcony and bathroom. Hope to do it again in the future.

We had a wrap balcony on the Destiny years ago and loved it. But having more room also was great for us.

I realize that's simply a figure of speech but, No, not everyone knew.

I learned of it only last evening after visiting the Carnival boards here on CC for the first time in numerous months.

I had zero clue, and received zilch from CCL to advise of any adjustments. I spoke with someone today who confirmed that not all future passengers have been contacted. It's all good, though, as I know they'll work something out for a sailing that far away.

The verbal statements say I'll lose nothing in the swap, and I trust that to be accurate. It is a bit humorous that this could be the fourth ship name on the same reservation number, since two prior to Valor were cancelled due to charters. For my first return to CCL in several years, I've certainly made some unique selections. ;)