Just off of the Breeze

hulksmash

First the positive.

99% of the staff were friendly.

The ship is very clean.

Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana were fantastic.

Now the negative.

Service was slow and some bartenders didnt want to help us as we had Cheers

The food was down-right awful. Everything from raw pork, cold entrees, and hair in the food. Just disgusting.

The soft goods need replaced. The matress was wires and springs.

All in all a very disappointing cruise.

Now come the Carnival cheerleaders to flame me, flame away.

I love whiskey.

The last line says it all..... For the record, when you say things like " the food was down right awful", "disgusting", "Mattress was wire and springs" it sure does not help with the believability factor. Who was the 1%? Happy cruising!

Jim you can happily eat the raw pork, cold food that you waited an hour for, inedible buffet food, and enjoy the surly bartenders. Yes, the mattress was hard and the wires and springs poked through. Do you have your pom poms Jim?

I love whiskey.

Jim you can happily eat the raw pork, cold food that you waited an hour for, inedible buffet food, and enjoy the surly bartenders. Yes, the mattress was hard and the wires and springs poked through. Do you have your pom poms Jim?

I love whiskey.

Ah, name calling.....it adds so much to the conversation, did not happen to take any pics of the mattress did you? Add inedible buffet food to the mix.... And Surly bartenders, don't know how you made it thru this fiasco...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off the same cruise. Goes to show you that different people perceive things differently.

I thought the food was great overall. Didn't try anything that I thought was bad. Food in MDR was amazing, although a little slow at times. Buffet was good as well. Italian restaurant for lunch was delicious. I had a comfy mattress and the bedding was to die for. My husband is a great tipper and we had excellent bar service with strong drinks. Thought the staff was friendly overall.

On the other hand, I thought the ship was a little worn looking and saw lots of empty plates, spilled food, etc.

I also thought the decor of the interior spaces was bland. I like bright colors, so the yellow and brown didn't appeal to me.

Overall, my cruise was great..

Sorry but was on the Breeze the week of 10/16 and prior to that December 2015 - no issues at all. Beds were fine - not weed and springs. Never had an issue with food, but I don't eat that much so it's not terribly important.

Sorry your cruise wasn't great. Maybe cruising is NOT for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Goodness I hate to hear of your disappointing experiences. Just one question: I have avoided the buffet the last several cruises. Are you speaking of the food there or in the MDR?

Unfortunately both. The steakhouse was great, but who wants to pay 35 a night for dinner every night when you have already paid for meals?

I love whiskey.

Ah, name calling.....it adds so much to the conversation, did not happen to take any pics of the mattress did you? Add inedible buffet food to the mix.... And Surly bartenders, don't know how you made it thru this fiasco...

If the shoe fits.

I love whiskey.

Sorry but was on the Breeze the week of 10/16 and prior to that December 2015 - no issues at all. Beds were fine - not weed and springs. Never had an issue with food, but I don't eat that much so it's not terribly important.

Sorry your cruise wasn't great. Maybe cruising is NOT for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been on many cruises and its nice you liked yours. Maybe your taste is askew?

I love whiskey.

The last line says it all..... For the record, when you say things like " the food was down right awful", "disgusting", "Mattress was wire and springs" it sure does not help with the believability factor. Who was the 1%? Happy cruising!

What baffles me is why what anybody else says would bother you.

What baffles me is why what anybody else says would bother you.

No bother, just giving pointers on his reviewing technique. Is that OK? This won't turn into a silly statement like JR's is better than Guys now....will it?

Edited by jimbo5544

My first cruise a few years ago was on the Breeze. I really enjoyed it.

Loved the Fieri burgers, much more so than buffet. MDR was more than decent. Liked the late night pizzas at back of boat. Loved Ben in piano bar. Butchy baby was a great CD. Also loved the nightly outdoor films. And trivia inside many times a day.

In retrospect I wish it had alchemy bar, which is my favorite place to quaff drinks on CCL.,

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

First the positive.

99% of the staff were friendly.

The ship is very clean.

Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana were fantastic.

Now the negative.

Service was slow and some bartenders didnt want to help us as we had Cheers

The food was down-right awful. Everything from raw pork, cold entrees, and hair in the food. Just disgusting.

The soft goods need replaced. The matress was wires and springs.

All in all a very disappointing cruise.

Now come the Carnival cheerleaders to flame me, flame away.

I love whiskey.

Put the whiskey down and then give the true review.

Might want to check out post 3

Poked through their intended positions to nestle their metaly goodness in your back. Is that better.

.....so I guess I will take it as a no for pics of the wires coming thru the mattress....darn, and I was so on the edge of believing....

I love whiskey.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

A few weeks ago, the OP posted this:

My worst cruise was on the Dream a few years back. Mold, bad service, bad food, guests fornicating in public areas, we went to exercise the guarantee, but decided against it as the kids asked us not to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51106556&postcount=229

Readers of this current post can come to their own conclusions.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

A few weeks ago, the OP posted this:

My worst cruise was on the Dream a few years back. Mold, bad service, bad food, guests fornicating in public areas, we went to exercise the guarantee, but decided against it as the kids asked us not to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51106556&postcount=229

Readers of this current post can come to their own conclusions.

And your point is what exactly? I did not post my reasons for going on this trip as they are personal. Insanity would be going on the Dream again and expecting different results, this was the Breeze, obviously a different ship. Pay attention to the title.

I love whiskey.

And your point is what exactly? I did not post my reasons for going on this trip as they are personal. Insanity would be going on the Dream again and expecting different results, this was the Breeze, obviously a different ship. Pay attention to the title.I love whiskey.

My point is, you paid Carnival a couple of thousand dollars to cruise on the Dream and they provided you the worst cruise experience ever (mold, bad service, bad food and guests fornicating in public areas).

Despite this lesson unlearned, you then went ahead and gave the same company, Carnival Cruise Lines, a couple thousand dollars more of your money and experienced slow service, bartenders uninterested in serving you, cold, under-cooked, hairy food and a defective mattress.

Your reasons for taking this cruise whether personal choice or being forced on board the Breeze by friends or family or whatever are inconsequential. You've come on here twice to rant about 2 over the top lousy experiences aboard a Carnival ship.

If you think it's just a ship issue (Dream vs Breeze) and not a company issue, then what's up next? The Vista?

My point is, you paid Carnival a couple of thousand dollars to cruise on the Dream and they provided you the worst cruise experience ever (mold, bad service, bad food and guests fornicating in public areas).

Despite this lesson unlearned, you then went ahead and gave the same company, Carnival Cruise Lines, a couple thousand dollars more of your money and experienced slow service, bartenders uninterested in serving you, cold, under-cooked, hairy food and a defective mattress.

Your reasons for taking this cruise whether personal choice or being forced on board the Breeze by friends or family or whatever are inconsequential. You've come on here twice to rant about 2 over the top lousy experiences aboard a Carnival ship.

If you think it's just a ship issue (Dream vs Breeze) and not a company issue, then what's up next? The Vista?

Good catch, something smells funky in Denmark, time to move on.