St. Thomas restaurants?

jillylamb2016

If you want food with an island flavor go to Island Flavor which is right at Crown Bay. Very popular with locals. Food is served cafeteria style so you can see what you're getting. Huge portions.

Tickles is good, but very continental.

If you want food with an island flavor go to Island Flavor which is right at Crown Bay. Very popular with locals. Food is served cafeteria style so you can see what you're getting. Huge portions.

Tickles is good, but very continental.

Sounds wonderful!

Frenchtown (between Crown Bay and town) has several great restaurants: Bella Blu and Hook, Line and Sinker are a couple. If you want local food in town, try Cuzzin's. Another great place in town is Cafe Amalia in Palm Passage.

I think of Tickles as more boaty than continental..LOL

Havana Blue is on the other side of town. You'll pass lots of good restaurants on your way to Havana Blue. Island Flavor and Tickles are within a short walking distance from the ship.

One does agree with your statement. However, the words "walking distance" is proven to being quite attractive to the Cruise Herds, especially when posted on CC

I have never seen cruise herds eating at Island Flavor. Was there last week with 2 ships at Crown Bay and it was not crowded. It's open air so the lack of air conditioning may discourage some diners.

Give it time, now one of your favourite restaurants, being within walking distance, is posted on CC.

Tickles has been recommended on CC and TripAdvisor for years. It isn't crowded either.

Fully accepted.

Just viewed their website, and it declares itself as a being a "Pub", that appears to sell a great variety of fast food.

On viewing all that is on offer at Tickles, one will still take a cab to the restaurant on the far side of town.

Sometime ago, I got a wrist slap for posting a link to a website where I write about cruise ports so ... I will refrain myself.

Here you have some of the best restaurants in St. Thomas (Charlotte Amalie) that I reviewed.:

Amalia Café, Café Amici, Gladys' Cafe, Green House, Side Street Pub and Bumpa's ...

Ms 411: Boaty food is casual food for boaties. You know that, surely.:D Continental in the local parlance? Not continental as in fine European dining, correct?

Havana Blue is only open for dinner.

What is a "good" restaurant? To me it is more Cafe Amalie and Bella Blu and less Tickles or the Greenhouse... Different strokes...