Check ur statement

We sailed Allure for Halloween and I checked my bill daily just to make sure it was correct and I didn't have to play "remember this charge" on the last day.

The night prior to debarkation I checked the bill and it all looked good ($650). However, when I got home my AMEX was billed $850. Since I didn't save the hard copy (shame on me) I had to request a copy of my statement from RCCL, which came in Email today.

So the pdf attachment was 109 pages totaling $94,000. I had billing statements for passengers names going back to January and ending two days ago.

I can't really figure out the connection of all the charges to our trip. It might be everybody who stayed in 11644 since January 2016, who knows.

I was able to add up my charges and I was overcharged, but only for about $70.

I sent the statement to my TA for a good laugh.

My concern is it shows names and details of every guest? Even the last 4 digits of the credit card? That is a HUGE privacy concern to me.

any receipt would have the last 4 of a CC nothing to really fret over. I think the names of the passengers is more of a concern than the card issue itself.

We have not sailed Royal for a few years. Don't they give you a final copy of your bill the morning of departure?

I too check my bill against my receipts each day using the TV and keep all receipts until I get home then trash them if they match bill.

Would not be happy to depart cruise without a printed out final receipt. Never check out of a hotel without a printed copy of bill. I then check credit card on web site to make certain all is ok.

Returning from car/cruise tour a few years ago found almost $500 charges on my bill for Apple I tunes. Not mine. Have no Apple phone. Fraud dept. took care of it.

We have not sailed Royal for a few years. Don't they give you a final copy of your bill the morning of departure?

I too check my bill against my receipts each day using the TV and keep all receipts until I get home then trash them if they match bill.

Would not be happy to depart cruise without a printed out final receipt. Never check out of a hotel without a printed copy of bill. I then check credit card on web site to make certain all is ok.

Returning from car/cruise tour a few years ago found almost $500 charges on my bill for Apple I tunes. Not mine. Have no Apple phone. Fraud dept. took care of it.

Yes, there is a bill placed on your door the morning of debarkation.

Even though the bottom line on that bill might agree against your receipts, there is always the possibility of erroneous charges (such as in cabin mini bar charges) that will be applied after you leave the ship when they come around and check the mini bar. A simple call to Post Cruise Customer Service (1-800-256-6649) can resolve those issues.

Edited by cruisenfever

No private information other than last names; no credit card numbers.

I disputed it with AMEX. They are so much more responsive and it puts the onus back on RCCL to prove it rather than me.

I did get a paper bill and it matched with the figure on the TV. That's why I tossed the paper bill on the way off the ship. That won't happen again.

So here's the rest of the story. Today, I get another EMail PDF of three pages showing my bill. It now has charges not on the other bill and low and behold it matches exactly what I was billed.

However, it's still $60 to much as it shows a luggage valet charge for $60. I also have luggage valet charges for $25, but since we were in a suite those were credited back.

There are two small mini-bar charges (which ours was empty), but I think those might be the waters left on the counter we drank.

Bottom line, check you bill daily on the TV, keep your hard copy, and only pay what's on the last bill.

Oh and use AMEX they are so easy to dispute stuff like this.

Edited by jamesr3939