Price drops question

nissach

I have never sailed NCL before and was just wondering how they deal with price drops. If the price of my catergory of room drops after booking am I allowed to request an adjustment? I don't want to wait to book, but also want to take advantage of any furture price drops or upgrades if I can.

Thaknks for any info you can provide me!!:)

Edited by nissach

Adjustments will be made in fact just recently I called my TA to have $100 per person adjustment made on my cruise which is some months ahead.

Years back we did have a really large drop after final payment and I called and requested an upgrade to a better cabin and it was granted. I always figure it does not hurt to ask.

NCL will upgrade you even after final payment if the price you paid is the same or more than a higher category provided you booked thru NCL.com. They moved me from a BX to MX (was assigned a Deck 14 Mid-Ship Mini-Suite) on Tuesday and my final payment was made in October. My parents weren't so lucky. They booked on the same cruise in September via a TA who's less than forthcoming in helping them upgrade from an OX even though they paid quite a bit more than I did.

Edited by Kilmar

It depends on the terms of you bookings. I know US customers work one way and UK customers work a different way. I don't know which category Canada falls under. For US customers you can have your price adjusted if there are any drops prior to final payment. However, you are essentially cancelling (for free, outside of the cancellation penalty phase) and rebooking so you will be booked under the new perks. ie. you booked last month for $700 pp with free grats as your perk, today price dropped to $600 pp but free perks isn't an option. To get the $600 price you would have to accept one of today's perks.

UK customers can do that also, but they don't have any fee free cancellation period. So they would be subject to a cancellation fee to reprice; which may or may not be worthwhile depending on how big the drop is.

After final payment you cannot re-price without facing a cancellation penalty. You can be upgraded to a higher level cabin if that cabin's price dropped enough. Occasionally people have reported getting some OBC if there is a big price drop post final payment but it's usually not offered and would be much less than the price drop amount.

It depends on the terms of you bookings. I know US customers work one way and UK customers work a different way. I don't know which category Canada falls under. For US customers you can have your price adjusted if there are any drops prior to final payment. However, you are essentially cancelling (for free, outside of the cancellation penalty phase) and rebooking so you will be booked under the new perks. ie. you booked last month for $700 pp with free grats as your perk, today price dropped to $600 pp but free perks isn't an option. To get the $600 price you would have to accept one of today's perks.

UK customers can do that also, but they don't have any fee free cancellation period. So they would be subject to a cancellation fee to reprice; which may or may not be worthwhile depending on how big the drop is.

After final payment you cannot re-price without facing a cancellation penalty. You can be upgraded to a higher level cabin if that cabin's price dropped enough. Occasionally people have reported getting some OBC if there is a big price drop post final payment but it's usually not offered and would be much less than the price drop amount.

I would think as a Canadian we would fall under the same rules as US residents as we book our cruises on the same site in US dollars.

Yes, NCL has honored price drops so little no as its before the final payment date.

However, it is treated as a re-booking so the "free at sea" may change. For example, if you picked pre-paid service charges and re-book now at a lower rate, you would have to change your selections.