Severe Anthem Entertainment Cuts

Response from cruise line...

We would be happy to provide more information about the planned entertainment for your upcoming sailing on the Anthem of the Seas sailing February 19, 2017. Here is a list of our headliner acts sorted by the night of the cruise they take place for.

1) Jim David, Comedian

2) Production Show

3) Production Show

4) Finis Henderson, Impressionist

5) Broadway

6) Broadway

7) Don Gavin, Comedian

Our Production Shows are as follows:

We Will Rock You

The Gift

Spectra’s Cabaret

This is an estimate of our entertainment schedule and is subject to change.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

With the Dec 16th sailing, I just crossed into the diamond level. All my cruises have been on RCL out of Bayonne, NJ - Voyager, Liberty, and Quantum classes. This was my 4th cruise on the Quantum/Anthem, so I know the ship very well and have seen the evolution of the dining and entertainment. Obviously I like RCL, or I would have tried another cruise line by now.

On this sailing I stayed in a Junior Family Suite with DW and 16 yr old son. The cabin had 1.5 baths and was perfect for the 3 of us. Excellent cabin. On prior sailings on this ship I stayed in non-suite balcony rooms, which were very nice for 2 people.

I was disappointed with this cruise to the extent that I will look at other cruise lines for our next sailing.

It's the small details that make for a great cruise experience, and RCL is screwing up on those small details in a big way. For example, the design of the esplanade on the Quantum, which eliminated the street-like feel and the ability to have the parades that are performed on the Voyager/Liberty, resulted in a significant decline in the festive nature of the RCL experience. Although this could seem minor to some, it's one part of the overall impression one has of their experience and the memories they form.

Regarding the actual Dec 16th sailing, I shared the following points on my email-survey, and felt is was worth sharing here on CC.

* The production shows "The Gift" and "We Will Rock You" are terrible. My wife and I have seen them before and didn't like them, My parents saw them for the first time this trip, and walked out.

* We were very disappointed at the lack of a cover band in Music Hall and 270, and the lack of a nightly performer in Michael's Pub.

* The DJ music in Music Hall was uncomfortable loud and the song choices un-danceable. The dance floor was empty and people were walking out.

* The activity staff in Seaplex were unfriendly and uncoordinated. For example, there was a period during the trapeze class when the main instructor walked off with no announcement and the attendees stood around for a half hour without being told what was going on. When someone finally showed up to resume activity, no apologies or explanations were offered. Complete indifference and no manager was on duty to address concerns.

I waas on the Dec. 16 sailing as well and had absolutely no complaints. Although the Pub had no musician there was music in venues all over the ship. At times when it was not their show nights the pianist or guitar player from WWRY would also perform in one of the Lounges.I have seen WWRY twice now and love it.

Personally I have no need for parades.