Severe Anthem Entertainment Cuts

Could it be that the acts cancelled and not changed / cancelled by the cruise line? If they cancelled last minute they may not have time to get someone else onboard with the holidays.

Not sure why but we all assume it is always the companies fault there could be other reasons.

I think that is possible but I find it hard to imagine that a large company like RCL doesn't have a plethora of back up options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was told the other nights are: 3 production shows (1 in 270). 3 nights of no entertainment (2 originally had a comedian and a Journey tribute band).

Why should some of the highest priced holidayc cruises be the ones to suffer from a budget cut? If anything, these cruises should have the same or additional entertainment than the significantly cheaper cruises, not less due to it being the last couple weeks of the year with cheaper-priced cruises having used up budgets resulting in the company saving a few thoustand dollars (probably the equivilant of two cruisers on a holiday sailing) for a few less musicians and fly-on acts.

Was told the other nights are: 3 production shows (1 in 270). 3 nights of no entertainment (2 originally had a comedian and a Journey tribute band).

Why should some of the highest priced holidayc cruises be the ones to suffer from a budget cut? If anything, these cruises should have the same or additional entertainment than the significantly cheaper cruises, not less due to it being the last couple weeks of the year with cheaper-priced cruises having used up budgets resulting in the company saving a few thoustand dollars (probably the equivilant of two cruisers on a holiday sailing) for a few less musicians and fly-on acts.

Just so you know the tribute bands played three 90 minute concerts on different nights- 2 in the Music Hall and one in 270. There is always live music somewhere on the ship at night, usually more than one venue, besides the tribute bands. There are 3 different house bands, and the performers from the shows also do live entertainment, either in the music hall, 270, Boleros, Michaels Pub, Schooner Bar or outside Vintages.

I don't even need to read the thread to know you will get flamed endlessly for your valid concerns.

The complete truth, LM.

Cause it ain't hard to get along with somebody else's troubles

They don't make you lose any sleep at night

Just as long as fate is out there busting somebody else's bubbles

Every thing' s gonna be alright

I don't know much baout Anthem in general---but I can say that AJ was the sole comedian on the 14 night Harmony TA. We were surprised that he alone was expected to fill an hour night after night for two weeks.

Talking to him one night after the show he mentioned working on adding material as he had boarded under the impression that there would be a second comedian.

He did a great job of it, and we assuemd there was a LAST moment cancellation, but if that is continuing on to Anthem now, it sounds more like a budget cut :confused:

Obvious Business decision. On low booking Cruises they Need to add on Things to make more People book, they can cut the Budget on those sailings that are selling anyway and at high Prices.

We are on Anthem 12 day right now. Even though there are no Tribute Bands - there has been plenty of entertainment in multiple venues every night besides the three shows requiring reservations. The only night without a production show was day 4 in San Juan - but our port schedule was 3-11 PM. We are also surviving just fine on the first cruise without dynamic dining.

Right on cue.:rolleyes:

Allow OP to state their opinions and concerns. it is not for you to dismiss them and defend the big corporation. Now, right on cue, start your personal attacks. I expect no less, and no more, from you. It is your SOP.

Besides, I was RIGHT, which is what counts. RCI is cutting entertainment back to Carnival levels.

Edited by LMaxwell

Allow OP to state their opinions and concerns. it is not for you to dismiss them and defend the big corporation. Now, right on cue, start your personal attacks. I expect no less, and no more, from you. It is your SOP.

Besides, I was RIGHT, which is what counts. RCI is cutting entertainment back to Carnival levels.

You're too funny and predictable. :D

Am I missing something, thought rccl doing well, oasis class was a success and gas down and economy good enough to have cruisers.

Continuing cuts seems like there is a problem? I'd have thought their newest flagship ship would get the best shows and service.

Seems like w all the capacity of ships they'd be doing everything to keep quality up and cruisers cruising. It must be more than trying to turn out a larger profit margin bc they are taking these chances which may degrade the brand.

I'm guessing that the cut back on Anthem was due to a cash flow problem, and wanting their numbers to look good for the forth quarter reports. Why else would they be offering so many discounts for pre-cruise bookings for internet, drink packages, excursions and dining? I think they got in over their head with all the new builds. Why else would they just be cancelling for the 4th quarter and bringing tribute bands back next year? I'm also guessing that all the discounts we are seeing now, will not be seen after the first of the year.

Now that you have given a review for a cruise you have not been on , you could cancel and just stay home:p

[emoji23] Pre-cruise reviews, a new low.

I will never understand why people complain and yet still spend their money. Why would the cruiseline change something when they are able to sell it the way it is? Enjoy your cruise OP, as you will likely still take it, even knowing ahead of time that you are disappointed, and we look forward to an even more critical review when you come back.

I'm spending my money yet complaining because RCCL has drastically cut the experience that I spent my money on. I had hesitations on cruising with Royal Caribbean but was sold on the vastly different experience we could expect on Anthem from dining to ample live music and varied entertainment, not the same as other ships but less.

If I didn't budget properly and was over-budget and had to cut like RCCL, I wouldn't be able to afford a premium-priced holiday cruise. So we shouldn't be the ones to suffer from their insufficient budget.

I will never understand why people complain and yet still spend their money. Why would the cruiseline change something when they are able to sell it the way it is? Enjoy your cruise OP, as you will likely still take it, even knowing ahead of time that you are disappointed, and we look forward to an even more critical review when you come back.

I had two cruises booked on Anthem for October and December 2016, before I found out about the cuts, and they were both past final payment. I'm sure there are a lot of others too. I know according to the contract that they can make just about any change they want to, but it would be nice if any changes made, were in enough time before final payment for those that want to cancel.

Ok I can see your points.

If you booked the cruise during a time in which you liked what was offered, but those things were removed from your cruise after you booked, the upset is certainly justified. In that case, I would still cancel the cruise, unless of course it's too late to do so because of final payment date or because flights and vacation days are already in place. If that is the case, try to enjoy the cruise for the sake of having a vacation and look forward to onshore activities that you can control. Many people though, will complain about all the things they feel are missing on the ship, but book more and more of them anyway, which is dumb.

I think we're talking about changes after booking. Some are concerning and some aren't.

I'm guessing that the cut back on Anthem was due to a cash flow problem, and wanting their numbers to look good for the forth quarter reports. Why else would they be offering so many discounts for pre-cruise bookings for internet, drink packages, excursions and dining? I think they got in over their head with all the new builds. Why else would they just be cancelling for the 4th quarter and bringing tribute bands back next year? I'm also guessing that all the discounts we are seeing now, will not be seen after the first of the year.

BINGO!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok I can see your points.

If you booked the cruise during a time in which you liked what was offered, but those things were removed from your cruise after you booked, the upset is certainly justified. In that case, I would still cancel the cruise, unless of course it's too late to do so because of final payment date or because flights and vacation days are already in place. If that is the case, try to enjoy the cruise for the sake of having a vacation and look forward to onshore activities that you can control. Many people though, will complain about all the things they feel are missing on the ship, but book more and more of them anyway, which is dumb.

I'm not crazy about the changes that were made, but I still love Anthem, and being able to cruise less than an hour away makes it so easy. I also got great deals on all my cruises. Example 7 nights solo in a D5 for $1000 and 12 nights in a SB for $1700.