Our 11/16 NCL Insurance Experience

realcindylouwho

I had a similar insurance experience. While my condition is not life threatening it can hamper my ability to travel at times. Well I had a transatlantic scheduled for last October. By late September I knew my flair up was going to go on for a while and I could not chance an overseas trip. My doctor's office did not fill out the forms very well, i.e. they did not indicate this is a disease which flairs up with little warning and can leave me unable to cruise. I submitted them anyway, and a few weeks later I had my check for the entire covered portion. This was NCL insurance which I usually purchase because it is just simpler that way. I am happy.

So sorry to hear about your son. What a frightening experience! Glad you were able to get a full refund for your cruise. Also relieved to hear your son is responding so well to his treatment. Best wishes for his full, speed recovery.

OP, so wonderful to hear your update. Thank you.

And to everybody else out there… You never know what's around the corner. When I cruised with my elderly mother we always took out the NCL insurance. Last year I cruised with my niece and my sister since we are all younger and healthy we did not insure our cruise and luckily nothing happened.

In September I booked a trip to a spa in Vegas. I booked and paid for my air on Southwest and I put my deposit on my hotel. I had no idea that my mother would be diagnosed with a terminal illness and given six weeks to live. I was able to get a credit for my airfare and my deposit on the hotel back. All I lost was the $30 I paid Southwest for priority boarding. Luckily I had not planned a cruise. There was only two weeks difference from the time my healthy mother was diagnosed to the time I was to have flown.

Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums