Next cruise question

Just an FYI, we sailed on Freedom OTS in 2015, and booked a cruise for March 2017 at the Next cruise desk. We unfortunately, had to push our cruise back one year to April 2018. We had also only put down $100 while on board in 2015. We were able to not only move the date 13 months, but also rebooked a different ship and itinerary under the same booking number. The way it was explained to me, as that as long as the RCI booking number stays the same, then your $100 deposit is still valid and all you need.

We booked three cabins on the Allure "Next Cruise" in October for next October. I got them for the $100 deposit.

However, when I had my travel agent move them into the agency group booking I had to put down the $500 deposit.

Advantage was I kept the OBC from booking on board, got the lower group booking rate with my TA, and got more OBC from her.

Plus, my OS I booked five weeks ago for $6400 is now $10,000. :)

I belive it depends on the rate or promotion you are getting. If you switch your booking to get a new promotion you might be required to give more of a deposit.

We booked our upcoming cruise during our last and only put down $100, we also moved it to a TA, no additional deposit needed. But My TA did say if I put down an additional $400 deposit I can get another $100 OBC. So it varies

... But My TA did say if I put down an additional $400 deposit I can get another $100 OBC. So it varies

Sounds like the TA was going to put you in a group booking. Group bookings require a full deposit and sometimes have extra perks.

Just a followup:

I called yesterday and had my cruise repriced since it went down $70 with the cyber sale. Didn't have to pay any additional just like the responses to my original question stated.

I had my booking changed from my TA to RCI since i found out that while the prices were good with my TA and perks nice, you only got one price change for free then the rest are $25 each and there is a $100 cancellation fee if you cancel and don't rebook with them.

All in all they are a good agency but with my cruise so far out I may have to cancel or I might have to get it repriced more than once in 16 months.

Bill

Just a followup:

I called yesterday and had my cruise repriced since it went down $70 with the cyber sale. Didn't have to pay any additional just like the responses to my original question stated.

I had my booking changed from my TA to RCI since i found out that while the prices were good with my TA and perks nice, you only got one price change for free then the rest are $25 each and there is a $100 cancellation fee if you cancel and don't rebook with them.

All in all they are a good agency but with my cruise so far out I may have to cancel or I might have to get it repriced more than once in 16 months.

Bill

That doesnt sound like a good agency to me. The whole point of a TA is to be your advocate. If a price drops, they want to charge a fee, dump em!

That doesnt sound like a good agency to me. The whole point of a TA is to be your advocate. If a price drops, they want to charge a fee, dump em!

Last booking I called and asked for a price adjustment and they said they already adjusted it once and it would be $25 to reprice it a 2nd time.

Thing is the first price adjustment is because they didn't give me my balcony discount. This is after they asked for for past cruiser number.

Live and learn :)

Bill

Just a followup:

Bill

How were you able to move the booking away from your TA? Did the TA agree to the move?

How were you able to move the booking away from your TA? Did the TA agree to the move?

Just so I am not misleading anyone we are talking about the cruise i booked on the ship.(next cruise) They automatically give the booking to the current TA.

I told them I did not want the current TA to get the booking and I had to fill out a form and put down a reason why I didn't want the current TA to get the booking.

I believe it's much like the form you fill out when you transfer an RCI booking to a TA.

Bill

Just so I am not misleading anyone we are talking about the cruise i booked on the ship.(next cruise) They automatically give the booking to the current TA.

I told them I did not want the current TA to get the booking and I had to fill out a form and put down a reason why I didn't want the current TA to get the booking.

I believe it's much like the form you fill out when you transfer an RCI booking to a TA.

Bill

OK, I understand. The booking never went to the TA, because you opted to keep it yourself.

OK, I understand. The booking never went to the TA, because you opted to keep it yourself.

Correct. I didn't even know that was possible until about 2 weeks ago reading replies on CC.

I also didn't know it got assigned to the current TA, so thanks to everyone who posted about that stuff I was able to avoid some hassle down the road.:)

Bill

I agree, find another TA. If my TA charged me a fee every time I canceled or changed a cruise reservation it would cost me thousands over the last 34 years we have used her.