Should I bring a drink tumbler?

diseye

Hello! We are leaving on the Norwegian Getaway in a few weeks. We got beverage packages included as a promo when we booked (2 Ultimate and 2 soda packages). It's been several years since we've been on a NCL cruise. I think that the last time we bought the soda package, they included a plastic drink tumbler to use throughout the cruise. I was wondering if they still do this or if I should bring one of my own. Thanks in advance for any answers that you can give me! :)

NCL will have all the tumblers and various glasses goblets that you will need

also plastic cups for around the pool and hard deck surfaces.

Need something special and it is not in your stateroom ask your cabin steward

or go to a bar for that type of Indiana Jones 'Holy Grail' vessel.

Caution beware toasting with glass wear - go easy don't waste a good toast !

About that (Pepsi) drink cup for the Soda package - I believe that NCL still

does that the first day of the cruise after you show the bar tender your key card

with that Soda package emblem or UBP.

Of course you can bring your own "but EMPTY going thru security".

Hello! We are leaving on the Norwegian Getaway in a few weeks. We got beverage packages included as a promo when we booked (2 Ultimate and 2 soda packages). It's been several years since we've been on a NCL cruise. I think that the last time we bought the soda package, they included a plastic drink tumbler to use throughout the cruise. I was wondering if they still do this or if I should bring one of my own. Thanks in advance for any answers that you can give me! :)

Soda tumblers are still available. At one point, they were only giving them out to those who bought the package onboard. Just ask at the desk where they are selling the package to get a couple.

We just got off the Getaway, we brought our own insulated cups and a lot of people did the same. It was warm and humid so the plastic cups by the pool did not keep ice very well. We saw a lot of Yeti type tumblers. We have had the UBP several times and we have never been given the tumbler. I am almost positive it is only for the soda package. They let you pay an up charge for some of the daily drink cups, but they don't really keep the ice cold in your cup either.

I don't have a drink package, but have a tumbler from a prior cruise when I purchased the soda package. I have the thermal spa pass this time. The insulated tumbler is really nice and may make sense to keep water chilled in that environment, maybe I'll toss it in my bag.

We just got off the Getaway, we brought our own insulated cups and a lot of people did the same. It was warm and humid so the plastic cups by the pool did not keep ice very well. We saw a lot of Yeti type tumblers. We have had the UBP several times and we have never been given the tumbler. I am almost positive it is only for the soda package. They let you pay an up charge for some of the daily drink cups, but they don't really keep the ice cold in your cup either.

Thanks for the info; it's nice to hear from someone who was just there!

HELLO!

Been on three cruises and will soon be leaving on NCL Jada day after Christmas.

I am bringing an insulated thermos type cup with screw top to keep beverages cold. Will put in my bag for the beach excursions and for a hike we are taking.

My understanding is that the ship permits you to take beverages off the ship but you must discard/empty container when you come back on.

For you coffee drinkers it is nice to take back a huge cup in this type of container in the morning and it will stay piping hot!

Enjoy your cruise!

GGBOXERS

The kids got the tumblers with their soda package on the Escape last March . They used them maybe three times and we promptly then put them in the suitcase the rest of the cruise. lol. Too much trouble to keep clean on vacation and the bartenders made the kids take the lid off before they would add soda. What a hassle. lol. Too much effort on vacation. Now we use them as coffee mugs when needed at home!