Bringing wine on board

harpat0408

Once again asking for a friend. If they bring wine on board are they allowed to keep it in their room and drink it or can They only drink it in the dining room and what are the added fees to that?

Also, are they allowed to bring a corkscrew? Thanks for your help in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by harpat0408

You can drink it in your room or in the dining room. The dining room will charge you a corkage fee but I'm not sure of the amount because I never brought it there. I have always brought a corkscrew and never had it taken. I've also called room service when I forgot it one time and they sent up a Carnival one and didn't charge me for it.

14 cruises, never have been charged a corking fee as I take out the cork in my cabin and bring the bottle to the DR.

same. open it in my room and bring it to the MDR. even share some with wait staff and have never paid corkage. take care of those taking care of you and it all works out.

You can bring the wine where ever you carry your glass or cup on the ship. We have always brought a corkscrew with us no issues.

We also purchase the wine package for the week and have the bottles delivered to our cabin via room service or order in MDR during dinner, corkage fees do not apply for that package (you get vouchers for the bottles).

Edited by Drazil65