Breakaway 11/27-12/11/16

kateissiobhan

Wow That is scary. I heard there was a small fire but it was contained. Don't know where it was.

There was a small fire. It was in somewhere in a crew space on Deck 3. It happened one night while we were at sea between the islands. :cool: I was concerned about the electrical issues causing a fire in my cabin! I really hesitant on using any of the electronics or charging them. I bought some razors and shave cream in Puerto Rico and hoped for the best on the rest of the cruise.

We had Alvin on the Gem last February. He was much more available than on the Breakaway.

Alvin was everywhere on the Breakaway. I swore he never slept. He was always at the themed parties up at Spice H2O. Luz had just as much energy as well and was equally everywhere. You'd see them a lot for the game shows or theme nights in the atrium too. During the day they seemed to lay low and the rest of the staff were out doing the trivia or bingo activities. Alvin and Luz were awesome and the entire cruise staff were highlights of the cruise for me.

Alvin was everywhere on the Breakaway. I swore he never slept. He was always at the themed parties up at Spice H2O. Luz had just as much energy as well and was equally everywhere. You'd see them a lot for the game shows or theme nights in the atrium too. During the day they seemed to lay low and the rest of the staff were out doing the trivia or bingo activities. Alvin and Luz were awesome and the entire cruise staff were highlights of the cruise for me.

My bad. I didn't see him but at the theater shows. Met him on the Gem and he is very personable. I just didn't see much of him on the Breakaway.

Thank you, love your review. My partner and I were your downstairs neighbors in aft penthouse 10312. Seems like we were on the same schedule as you. The first day we ate lunch at Taste, and dinner at Ocean Blue. The first few sea days, we also went to the gym at 6am. We spent a lot of time doing stairs and walking back and forth from the Haven.

We did shore excursions at 7 out of the 8 ports, and walked around OSJ on our own, so port wise we were pretty busy. Thank god they publish the dailies so we knew what day it was. One day blurred into the next after a while.

There is one day that sticks in my memory. Forget where we were, but the seas were so smooth, calm and glassy that day. Wicked good sunset too that day!

Hi! Great review! It was a great cruise, and met alot of great people. NCL released their 2018 itinerary and is repositioning the Gem from NYC to New Orleans on 10-28-18. It is also a 14-day cruise. A roll call has already been started. I hope to sail with many of you again. Ted.

Hi- thank you for your review- I had a similar electrical issue on my last day on the ship in 2013- when charging my Kindle something happened to it and I had to replace it (luckily it was the last day).

I'll use a usb charger going forward and take my chances on that.

- I usually travel with 2 electrical razors as well to avoid having to use the charger.