How would YOU speed up hone arrival port enbarkation?

SmoothFlying

We much prefer to be among the last off the ship and usually manage it; so much more relaxing, shorter lines everywhere, no crowds. We do usually fly home the day of the cruise, but try to book afternoon flights.

Of course, once in a while we do have to get off earlier for some reason. Just makes us more determined to avoid the rush if possible. Some ports and airports are much busier, which is good to know ahead of time (for instance, San Juan), and unfortunately sometimes later flights just don't work out.

We disembarked yesterday in Ft Lauderdale and I was amazed at how fast and efficient the process was.

One thing that would help is if passengers would follow simple directions. Wait until your group is called, don't congregate in the hallways and lobbies. What is with this need to be first in everything? What are these folks afraid they are going to miss?

We went up to the Crows Nest to wait for our time slot since we figured that the elevator starts there and we'd be able to get in it empty. That worked well for us.

Cruises that sail from the good ole U.S. of A. are 90% Americans, and of that percentage fully 10-15% (Well, maybeeee a little less than that) know MORE about ANYTHING about everything in this whole universe. They DEFINITLY ' know' rules and such weak things as kindness, waiting their turn' and, GASP ! 'Being polite' is for sissies. Their attitude and motto is, 'IF ya want something OR wanna go, just step on OR knock them weaklings outta your way!! After all, ya PAID for dis rust bucket, sooo them rules don't apply to youse !' I see these idiots during the cruise, screaming at each other OR at their family members who are across a crowded MDR and, especially on debarkation day. So sad. I guess the secret is NOT to let these types ruin your cruise, let them embarrass themselves and roll your eyes and pity them.

Mac

Seems to be a preference for some to use debark and others to use disembark. According to the Oxford dictionary both are hundreds of years old and equally acceptable. Debark from the mid 17th century and disembark from the late 16th century. LOL, whatever floats your boat.

What I found interesting is the word deplane also exists in the Oxford dictionary, and the origin is recent (20th century), although I never liked it.

Seems to be a preference for some to use debark and others to use disembark. According to the Oxford dictionary both are hundreds of years old and equally acceptable. Debark from the mid 17th century and disembark from the late 16th century. LOL, whatever floats your boat.

Unless you're talking about something that I have missed, the earlier discussion was the use of embark vs disembark not debark vs disembark. The first pair mean exactly the opposite while the second mean the same. Or, as I said, maybe I just missed a later discussion.

Tom