FTTF question

KMYork

I wonder how many people who purchase FTTF actually carry their luggage on the ship? Our family is like family #2 as far as what we carry on but we still don't want to lug it around. Do you know anyone personally who has purchased FTTF? Because I don't think you can relate to people who feel the benefits are worthwhile.

I check everything except one bag that has the essentials that if lost would ruin my cruise.

This is exactly the belittling type of comment I was talking about. How dare you belittle someone because they wish to purchase a service provided by a company. I'm guessing you're one of those Platinum's/Diamond's who don't think others below you should be allowed to purchase that service. :mad:

I am neither Diamond nor Platinum. I have used FTTF once in the past. I have nothing against FTTF. If you fully comprehended my post, read exactly what I stated. I was throwing a shot at the people who say "I wont cruise without it"....You aren't going to take a $2000-$6000 vacation based on a $70 item? :confused:....That is like saying If I cant ride the monorail, there is no sense going to Disney :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

I don't believe anyone is belittling anyone. Carnival Marketing team, has come up with a way to increase profit (100% since this cost nothing to Carnival) and sell a product, which is completely "free" to the consumer, and makes them feel great about it.

Example, family of 4 loves it because they get to drop their bags off fast in their rooms, and they carry the bags on. The other family, hands their bags to the porter, carries one back-pack with a few cameras etc and goes to the buffet with their kids for lunch. Than signs up at the kid's club. Take a walk around the ship, and let the kids see it. Than go to their room at 1:00 and they most likely will get their bags soon after that.

First family paid $70.00 for the privilege of carrying 4 pieces of luggage (one for each person), doing all the work themselves that the ship offers a free service for, and are very happy to unpack first, than go to the buffet and explore the ship.

The only difference is that one family did all the work, lugged their own luggage, and they paid for it.

Now, of course, if the person feels that paying Carnival $70.00 and than doing all the work themselves saving Carnival even more money it's wonderful! (for Carnival of course)

So calling someone a "lemming" isn't belittling them? Is that considered high praise where you come from? :rolleyes:

And if a family gets enjoyment, a greater sense of relaxation, or happiness from having FTTF, so be it. They earned that money so they can spend it as they choose. For those wanting FTTF, this has nothing to do with Carnival, it has to do with what benefit it brings the cruiser and if the money paid is worthwhile to them.

Edited by Computer Nerd

If you don't get FTTF, you SAVE $70

I decided not to purchase FTTF, so I SAVED $70

There is no hidden meaning in saying Save or Saved, I am saying the exact same thing

Now that the grammar lesson is over, and I am sure Riclop can clarify, I was just commenting that his/her post wasn't critical. If you decided not to get FTTF you have SAVED $70

If Riclop said "people who purchase FTTF are foolish" then I would say yes, that is being critical. By stating a fact that if you don't purchase FTTF, for whatever reason, you SAVE $70

If you think you are saying the same thing, your English teacher should be slapped.

I find paying $100 a day for alcohol to be sheer lunacy. However, to each his own. I love FTTF and will willingly pay for it if it saves me 10 minutes of time at embarkation, disembarkation, or at Guest Services.

Drinking is important to some. For others, saving time is important. I make enough money where I won't even notice being down $70.

Its not the same comparison....while I believe Carnival is making a substantial profit on alcohol, it isn't 100% due to the fact they have to buy the alcohol and basically resell it....FTTF is essentially pure profit, as it isn't costing them anything....Everyones room will be ready. Everyone who wants to will be able to use the tender service and speak to guest services. Carnival just charges some $70 so they can cut the line....Going back to my original post, I didn't say its is or isn't worth the $70. all I stated was that it is a brilliant marketing tool

Edited by First and Ten

I find paying $100 a day for alcohol to be sheer lunacy. However, to each his own. I love FTTF and will willingly pay for it if it saves me 10 minutes of time at embarkation, disembarkation, or at Guest Services.

Drinking is important to some. For others, saving time is important. I make enough money where I won't even notice being down $70.

I'm with you. We aren't high enough status so we don't get on early or have the other perks that go with being a VIFP. We don't mind paying the extra $70 to have a little more sanity during our cruise. It's not just embarking and disembarking, but like you said, faster service at Guest Services. There is also the ability for priority reservations with the specialty restaurants and priority tendering at tender ports.

IMO its worth the extra $70 to have my cabin ready when I board so I can place my stuff down and go explore the ship or go have lunch without all of it in tow. The sooner I board, the sooner my vacation starts. :D

I am neither Diamond nor Platinum. I have used FTTF once in the past. I have nothing against FTTF. If you fully comprehended my post, read exactly what I stated. I was throwing a shot at the people who say "I wont cruise without it"....You aren't going to take a $2000-$6000 vacation based on a $70 item? :confused:....That is like saying If I cant ride the monorail, there is no sense going to Disney :rolleyes:

I read your post. I fully understand your post. What right do yo think you have to tell others what i important to them on a vacation. It may seem trivial to you but you don't have the right to tell anyone else what is important to them. If they don't want to cruise without FTTF, so be it. Not your decision to make and being flippant because it's important to them is being abusive. No different than your Disney comparison. If it is that important to them, get over it, no one asked you what mattered to you.

If you think you are saying the same thing, your English teacher should be slapped.

Whether or not you think my English teachers were lacking in their teaching ability (who is being "belittling" now :D), doesn't mean his post was critical. I think you inferred it was critical. That however does not denote fact ;)

Edited by First and Ten

I read your post. I fully understand your post. What right do yo think you have to tell others what i important to them on a vacation. It may seem trivial to you but you don't have the right to tell anyone else what is important to them. If they don't want to cruise without FTTF, so be it. Not your decision to make and being flippant because it's important to them is being abusive. No different than your Disney comparison. If it is that important to them, get over it, no one asked you what mattered to you.

If you want to be ridiculous and debate the point we can....so when you said my English teacher should be slapped, I assume you were being "flippant"? Safe to assume that? Would you consider that "abusive"? Hello pot, meet kettle....:D. What I stated is not a fact, its called an opinion. My opinion is if you wont take a cruise, based solely on the fact of securing FTTF, that leaves something to be desired as far as your decision making capabilities. You can disagree. Doesn't make you right and me wrong or vice versa....Capishe? We good? ;)

Edited by First and Ten

We carry on all our luggage no matter what, whether we have FTTF or not. I am not willing to take the chance of my luggage leaving my hands and getting misplaced/lost and me spending vacation time worrying about when it will show up. I am also this way with flying, etc...I always carry on. So do I feel that I have paid Carnival $70 so that I could carry my own luggage and do all the work myself, no. I feel that I have paid carnival $70 for the option of going to my room early, unpacking and getting situated so that I can be ready when the ship departs and not have to worry about that later. That is what I am paying $70 for along with the other benefits that come along with it.

I believe that is where one of the other posters mentioned that someone was belittling FTTF purchasers by calling us Lemmings. I do not follow the crowd just because I purchase FTTF. I purchase it because it works best for my family and to us it's not a waste of money.

Now be fair M23....I NEVER said people who purchase FTTF are lemmings. Not even close. This is where people love to twist things around....Go read what I posted. I said people who wouldn't sail without FTTF are lemmings....HUGE difference. A normal sane human being is going to plan a cruise, pick a ship, dates, ports, etc (a cruise is not considered an "impulse" buy) then follow up because you cant purchase FTTF until AFTER you book a cruise. Many times FTTF isn't available right away. So a logical person is going to get within a week of a cruise date and then cancel the cruise if FTTF isn't available? Seriously?. So either the posters who say "I wont cruise without it" are exaggerating or they are lemmings :D

Edited by First and Ten

Now be fair M23....I NEVER said people who purchase FTTF are lemmings. Not even close. This is where people love to twist things around....Go read what I posted. I said people who wouldn't sail without FTTF are lemmings....HUGE difference. A normal sane human being is going to plan a cruise, pick a ship, dates, ports, etc (a cruise is not considered an "impulse" buy) then follow up because you cant purchase FTTF until AFTER you book a cruise. Many times FTTF isn't available right awa. So a logical person is going to get within a week of a cruise date and then cancel the cruise if FTTF isn't available? Seriously?. so either the posters who say "I wont cruise without it" are exaggerating or they are lemmings :D

I apologize, as I do understand what you mean now that you have explained it. I would definitely not cancel a cruise just because I couldn't get FTTF, although I would be a little sad if I couldn't.

As this is only our second cruise and we will have had FTTF both times we have never experienced what it was like to not have FTTF and we loved FTTF so much that we just don't want to do without it now, although we would if we had to.

Cruising without FTTF will always be better than not cruising at all....

We love FTTF and we can afford to purchase it, therefore we DO.

I could give a rat's a** what anyone else thinks about it.

It's our money and we enjoy the benefit of getting on the ship early, getting our bags early, getting to our room early, and the short line at Guest Services.:D:D

Why does anyone else care what others think??

It's your vacation. Do what makes you happy.

You're always going to have the Riclops of the world.:rolleyes:

We love FTTF and we can afford to purchase it, therefore we DO.

I could give a rat's a** what anyone else thinks about it.

It's our money and we enjoy the benefit of getting on the ship early, getting our bags early, getting to our room early, and the short line at Guest Services.:D:D

Why does anyone else care what others think??

It's your vacation. Do what makes you happy.

You're always going to have the Riclops of the world.:rolleyes:

Based on your warm, friendly post, I was thinking "You will always have the KPfromCT's of the world" :D

Edited by First and Ten

Based on your warm, friendly post, I was thinking "You will always have the KPfromCT's of the world" :D

You're a funny guy, but you won't get under my skin......:D:D

I am just saying it's a personal decision. No different than the people that purchase Cheers. People slam them too, call them alcoholics.....

If people want to do it, I don't see why the naysayers have to chime in with their negative opinions of it.

Makes no sense.

Happy sailings to you, First and Ten!!:D:D

Edited by KPfromCT

You're a funny guy, but you won't get under my skin......:D:D

I am just saying it's a personal decision. No different than the people that purchase Cheers. People slam them too, call them alcoholics.....

If people want to do it, I don't see why the naysayers have to chime in with their negative opinions of it.

Makes no sense.

Happy sailings to you, First and Ten!!:D:D

Happy sailings to you too KP. It almost seemed like you were trying to stir the pot for a fight. Looking at all the posts on this thread, there really isn't a single naysayer....Riclop posted that if the OP didn't get it, they would save $70. While it may be stating the obvious, I wouldn't call that critical or being a naysayer.

Edited by First and Ten

If you want to be ridiculous and debate the point we can....so when you said my English teacher should be slapped, I assume you were being "flippant"? Safe to assume that? Would you consider that "abusive"? Hello pot, meet kettle....:D. What I stated is not a fact, its called an opinion. My opinion is if you wont take a cruise, based solely on the fact of securing FTTF, that leaves something to be desired as far as your decision making capabilities. You can disagree. Doesn't make you right and me wrong or vice versa....Capishe? We good? ;)

Slapped by me, no. By your mother, yes.

Pray tell, where did I ever state that "I" would not take a cruise if I didn't have FTTF? I've only had it one time and have seen the benefits that one may want to purchase. But, as I stated, if "someone" decided that cruising without FTTF wasn't worth it, then by all means, that's their prerequisite and no one, not even you, has the right or audacity of calling them lemmings for making that decision.

So yes, the fact that you think you can make fun of someone else's priorities on how they wish to spend their hard earned money makes you wrong. Period.

Happy sailings to you too KP. It almost seemed like you were trying to stir the pot for a fight. Looking at all the posts on this thread, there really isn't a single naysayer....Riclop posted that if the OP didn't get it, they would save $70. While it may be stating the obvious, I wouldn't call that critical or being a naysayer.

Thanks, First and Ten!

Just saying that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. the whole FTTF issue comes up, he chimes in with what a waste of money it is.......he is definitely NOT a fan.:D:D

Slapped by me, no. By your mother, yes.

Pray tell, where did I ever state that "I" would not take a cruise if I didn't have FTTF? I've only had it one time and have seen the benefits that one may want to purchase. But, as I stated, if "someone" decided that cruising without FTTF wasn't worth it, then by all means, that's their prerequisite and no one, not even you, has the right or audacity of calling them lemmings for making that decision.

So yes, the fact that you think you can make fun of someone else's priorities on how they wish to spend their hard earned money makes you wrong. Period.

That is the great thing about a public forum. Everyone has the right to be as audacious as they want, as long as they follow the TOS. It's called an opinion. Now, if you don't like an opinion that conflicts with yours, too bad. If you base going on a cruise strictly on if you can secure FTTF, you a a huge "lemming". If you don't agree, sorry, I can't help you dude :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

That is the great thing about a public forum. Everyone has the right to be as audacious as they want, as long as they follow the TOS. It's called an opinion. Now, if you don't like an opinion that conflicts with yours, too bad. If you base going on a cruise strictly on if you can secure FTTF, you a a huge "lemming". If you don't agree, sorry, I can't help you dude :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

First, you don't seem to comprehend what you read. Second, since you think calling others names is okay, you're an a$$hole!

Edited by Computer Nerd

First, you don't seem to comprehend what you read. Second, since you think calling others names is okay, you're an a$$hole!

Somehow I think your "audaciousness" has just crossed the TOS line....That is not very nice Nerd, I would have expected better from you :D....Its all good, we are in the Christmas season and I forgive you. I have been called a lot worse from a lot better than you...Merry Christmas Nerd, heres hoping you get a new hard drive in that stocking of yours!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

Somehow I think your "audaciousness" has just crossed the TOS line....That is not very nice Nerd, I would have expected better from you :D....Its all good, we are in the Christmas season and I forgive you. I have been called a lot worse from a lot better than you...Merry Christmas Nerd, heres hoping you get a new hard drive in that stocking of yours!!!!

Timeout guys. You guys should book a cruise together to hangout and become friends.

Timeout guys. You guys should book a cruise together to hangout and become friends.

Merry Christmas Jamer....be fair, I didn't resort to calling him names. All good on my end. along with the Hard Drive, maybe Santa needs to drop a few Anger Management Classes under Nerds tree :D

Edited by First and Ten

Merry Christmas Jamer....be fair, I didn't resort to calling him names. All good on my end. along with the Hard Drive, maybe Santa needs to drop a few Anger Management Classes under Nerds tree :D

Merry Christmas to you too. I am fair. Not taking any sides. Just don't want to see it get too out of control. I think another referee just came in.